Rentals and Reservations
Many of the City's facilities, public spaces, and equipment – from theater to meeting spaces and canoe racks to garden plots - are available to the public for rental. We also offer group reservation rates at our aquatics facilities.
Athletic Facilities and Tournaments
Baseball, football, softball, volleyball, soccer fields; ice rinks; tennis courts.
- Athletic Field Use Policy
- Private Tournament Request Form
- Spring Summer Outdoor Athletic Facility Rental Request Form Accepting requests beginning March 15
- Fall Outdoor Athletic Facility Rental Request Form
- For information and instructions, call Parks and Recreation at 952-563-8877.
Bike Lockers at Dred Scott
- 4 Bike lockers are available for rent at the southwest corner of Old Shakopee Road and Bloomington Ferry Road
- $65.00 fee per consecutive 12 month period or $11.00 per month with a minimum rental of 3 consecutive months
- Additional $40.00 key deposit is required
- Rentals begin on the 1st day of the calendar month
- Lockers may only be used to store one bicycle and related equipment (helmet, pump, lock, etc.)
- Bicycles may not exceed 69” in length, 29” inches in width and 48” in height.
- Adjacent to Hyland Trail (off-road paved trail) that leads to the Bloomington Ferry Road Trailhead to the south and Countryside Park, Hyland Lake Park Reserve, Bush Lake Park and Normandale Lake Park as well as to Eden Prairie (via Pioneer Trail, Bloomington Ferry Road and Marth Road) to the north.
- Convenient to MTC bus lines
- Bicycle Locker Rental Procedures 2020.pdf
- Bicycle Locker Rental Application 2020.pdf
Call Parks and Recreation, 952-563-8885.
Bloomington Center for the Arts
Email CenterForTheArts@BloomingtonMN.gov or call 952-563-8881, regarding any of the following rentals.
The Schneider Theater is ideal for performances, concerts, ceremonies, meetings, conferences, and rehearsals.
- Proscenium stage with full fly loft
- 366 seat auditorium
- Orchestra shell available
- Men’s & Women’s Dressing rooms
- Make-up room and green room
- $225 - $360/hour
- $51/hour A/V Tech & Equipment fee
The Main Lobby of the Bloomington Center for the Arts is ideal for dinner meetings and receptions.
- Maximum seating available 160
- Round banquet tables available
- Limited availability
- $225 - $360/hour
- $51/hour A/V Tech & Equipment fee
The Rehearsal Hall is a wonderful location for rehearsals, meetings, seminars, or small receptions.
- Maximum capacity 74
- Seats 70 theater style, 50 classroom or reception style
- $41 - $63/hour
Children’s, Drawing, Craft and Painting Studio
- Sink and countertop space and tile floor
- Variety of seating arrangements
- Capacity 20-30 people depending on room and table setup
- $32 - $45/hour
Council Chambers and Dakota Conference Room
- Only available during weekend hours and limited evening hours.
- Rental time must include set up and tear down.
- A food/beverage license is required if food will be served to the public.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the Center for the Arts. A liquor caterer must be approved by City Council and additional fees will apply.
- All rentals must pay a separate damage deposit, which will be refunded after the event.
Bloomington Family Aquatic Center
Group rates, birthday party packages and private pool rentals are also available.
- Pool rentals are available from approximately 7 - 9 p.m. daily.
- Fee - $425 per hour.
Bush Lake Beach
Canoe racks at West Bush Lake
2021 Rental Season Information
Don't feel like hauling your canoe, kayak or SUP to and from Bush Lake every day? Rent one of our 96 canoe racks located on the west side of Bush Lake, conveniently located adjacent to picnic shelters, picnic benches and playgrounds.
- Rental fee of $87 for residents and $105 for non-residents for the season (May 1 - October 31).
- Eight accessible racks available for those with qualifying conditions.
- Racks may be used for paddle boards or sailboards if they are able to be secured to the rack on both ends of the watercraft and do not exceed the maximum watercraft dimensions of 20 feet in length, 26 inches in width and 20 inches in depth.
- Two watercraft may be stored on one rack if both kayaks can be secured within the confines of that rack.
Canoe rack links
- Online registration page (Helpful hint when renting online: use a search date of 5/1/2021 to view which racks are still available for rent.)
- Canoe rack site map
- Site map - racks available as of March 9
- Online Canoe Rack Rental Instructions
- Canoe Rack Rental Packet 2021
Canoe Rack Rental Timeline - subject to change
|Nov 17 - Dec 18, 2020||Return renter priority rental period|
|Feb 9, 2021 - 9AM||Rack rentals open to all|
|May 1, 2021||Racks open for use by renters|
|Oct 31, 2021||2021 season end (all watercraft, locks, cables, etc. must be removed from racks)|
Rentals available online only. Please call our office for rental assistance 952-563-8877.
Community garden plots
The City of Bloomington rents out 178 garden plots at three community garden sites in Bloomington:
- Brookside Community Garden - on the west side of Xerxes, just north of 102nd Street
- Smith Park - on the east side of Park Avenue between 82nd and 83rd streets
- Harrison Park - 1701 W. 100th Street
Visit our Bloomington Community Gardens page for detailed rental information!
Creekside Community Center
With meeting rooms accommodating groups up to 45 people and the Minnesota Valley Room holding up to 175 people, let our staff help you plan your next business meeting or personal gathering at Creekside.
See this PDF for full information about room rentals at Creekside.
2019 Creekside Community Center Facility Facts
2021 Creekside Community Center Facility Facts will be posted with fees and COVID guidelines when available.
For reservations or additional information, contact Creekside at 952-563-4944 or Creekside
Normandale Lake Bandshell
2021 reservations accepted beginning January 11 due to COVID-19 guidelines and closures.
Reservations: Call 952-563-8877
Open April 15 through October 15, picnic shelters are available to rent for family gatherings, company picnics, group events, banquets, wedding receptions, class reunions or meetings.
Moir Park and Bush Lake Park shelters have electricity, grills, restrooms, drinking fountains, playground equipment, walking trails, volleyball and horseshoe courts, along with softball fields and a Frisbee golf course at Moir and fishing docks at Bush Lake. Parks are accessible.
Starting at 9 a.m. on January 11, 2021, reservations can be made by downloading (see instructions below) and completing the picnic shelter reservation form, and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing to 952-563-8715.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As a courtesy, we are providing access to the form below so you can plan ahead. The reservation request period BEGINS at 9 a.m. on January 11. Any forms submitted prior to that time will be discarded and you will be required to re-submit during the reservation request period. Forms will be processed in the order they are received.
Picnic Shelter Reservation Form - 2021
Follow these steps to properly download, complete and submit this fillable form:
1) Click on the link above to open the PDF form in a new browser tab.
2) Click the "download" button to save the PDF form to your computer (click graphic below to enlarge).
3) Locate where the PDF form was saved to your computer and open it.
4) Complete the PDF form, filling in all applicable fields.
5) Save the form to preserve the information you filled in.
6) Using the contact options noted above, submit the completed form either as an email attachment or by printing and faxing.
General regulations for shelters
- No alcoholic beverages except 3.2 percent malt liquor are allowed in designated picnic areas.
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the parks.
- A food/beverage license is required if food will be sold to the public.
- No person shall use tobacco products in any City-owned parks.
- Pony rides, stages, inflatables, dunk tanks, and tents require a special permit. Prices range from $50-$200 for this type of permit (Temporary Conditional Use Permit). These aerial views ( aerial_view.pdf ) may help you in the placement of your inflatable. Call the Parks and Recreation office for more details.
- Amplified sound may require a Public Entertainment License Application (please indicate "Public Assembly" under "Type of license") and is subject to the City's noise restrictions.