Bloomington Family Aquatic Center
The Bloomington Family Aquatic Center is open daily from early June through early September. Amenities include a zero-depth entry pool, interactive play features, aqua climbing wall, water slides, diving boards, newly renovated bathhouse and concession stand.
Another swimming option: Bush Lake Beach offers a natural setting for a great outdoor water experience!
- 2018 aquatics brochure coming soon!
After 4 p.m.
|Ages 6 - 54||
$6.75 (see times below)
|Pass of 5 daily visits||
|Ages 2 - 5 and over 55||
|Ages 1 and under||
|Adult (ages 16 - 54)||
|Young adult (ages 11 - 15)||
|Senior/Child (ages 2 - 10 and over 55)||
|If purchased on or before April 15||
|If purchased on or before June 8||
When purchasing a seasonal pass, a driver's license or state ID is required to verify residency. Passes for children (under 18 years old) must be purchased by a legal parent or guardian. To purchase:
- Prior to the start of swimming season, purchase seasonal passes at:
- Parks and Recreation office: starting March 14 until June 8 during regular business hours
- At the Bloomington Family Aquatic Center: June 6, 7 and 8 from 4 - 7 p.m.
- During the season, purchase seasonal passes in person during normal business hours at the pool.
- Halfway half pay: on July 16 ONLY, halfway through the season, residents and non-residents will pay only half price for season passes at the aquatic center.
- The Bloomington Family Aquatic Center will be closed to the public on July 7 and 8 for a swim meet. Season pass holders are welcome to use the Richfield Outdoor Pool at no additional cost during this time.
Season Pass holders must show their card/pass upon entering the facility. If you have lost your pass we issue a replacement for $5.
Group rates, birthdays and private pool rentals
Groups of 20 and more:
- $9 per person from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- $7 per person from 4 - 8 p.m.
Birthday party packages and private pool rentals are also available. Pool rentals available from approximately 7 - 9 p.m. daily. The cost is $350 per hour.
- Monday through Friday 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 5 - 7:45 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Check out our aquatic program offerings below!
Healthy swimming guidelines
Swimmers' health and safety are the number one priority at the Bloomington Family Aquatic Center. Please take a moment to read the following fact sheets to ensure a safe and healthy visit at the Bloomington Family Aquatic Center!
Aquatic Center rules
- Swimsuits are required
- Food and beverage rules
- Children under 11
- Activities that are not allowed
- Diving well rules
- Water slide rules
- Show your seasonal pass for entry
All swimmers must have a swimsuit to swim in the pool. This includes an appropriate top and bottom for females and appropriate swim trunks for males. No underwear or boxers may be worn in the water.
The Bloomington Family Aquatic Center does not allow outside food and beverages into the facility. Coolers, glass containers, alcohol, and tobacco are also not allowed. Picnic space is available outside of the facility and patrons may get their hand stamped to leave and return to the pool. On-site concessions are available, but food and beverages may only be consumed in the designated picnic areas within the facility.
Children under 11 years of age will be allowed into the Bloomington Family Aquatic Center ONLY IF:
- The child is accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older, or
- The child is accompanied by a responsible party (sibling, babysitter, or nanny) who is at least 16 years of age and has a completed "Guardian Permission Form" signed by the child's guardian on file at the pool. The responsible party cannot be responsible for supervising more than four children between the ages 1-10 at one time.
If a child is under the age of 5, staff recommends that an adult or responsible party remain within reasonable reach of the child at all times while in or immediately adjacent to the water.
- Swimming with diarrhea.
- Tobacco and alcohol use.
- Snorkels, fins and balls.
- Inflated articles and floatation equipment, except for U.S. Coast Guard Type I - III approved flotation devices, where an adult, 18 years of age or older, is within arm's reach at all times.
- Horseplay and running.
- Diving off pool sides.
- Open cuts or communicable diseases.
- Glass containers.
- Exit the diving well promptly - no recreational swimming.
- One bounce on the board.
- One person on the board or platform at a time.
- One person on the ladder at a time.
- Swim to the closest ladder after diving off the boards.
- Walking down any ladder is prohibited.
- Walk up the stairs.
- One person at a time in each flume.
- Hands and feet must be kept inside the flume.
- No diving at the end of the slide.
- No standing, kneeling, rotating or stopping in the flume.
- Use the ladder closest to the slide just completed.
- Follow the instructions of the attendants.
- Adults may catch their children in the water at the bottom of the slide.
- Do not use the slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Height requirement for the green open slide: 42 inches tall
- Height requirement for the blue enclosed slide: 48 inches tall
Season pass holders must show their card/pass upon entering the facility. If you have lost your pass we can issue a replacement for $5.