Bloomington Center for the Arts
1800 West Old Shakopee Road
Bloomington MN, 55431
Bloomington Center for the Arts
Bloomington Center for the Arts occupies the north end of Bloomington Civic Plaza. The facility houses eight resident art organizations, the City and the community for arts activities, City functions and private rentals.
Monday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday: 12 - 6 p.m.
Room Sizes and Capacity Limits
- 25 max. - Children’s Studio: 29’ x 23’
- 25 max. - Drawing Studio: 22’ x 26’
- 10 max. - Craft Studio: 22’ x 26’
- 25 max. - Painting Studio: 20’ x 43’
- 70 max. - Rehearsal Studio: 35’ x 30’
- 70 max. - Dance Studio: 38’ x 60’
- 7 max. - Black Box Dressing Room: 16’ x 14’
- 120 max. - Black Box Theater/Multi-Use Space: 45’ x 41’
- 366 max. - Schneider Theater:
- 146 max. - Lobby Area: 35' x 99'
- 129 max. - Council Chamber: 53' x 46'
Outdoor space requests will be assessed on case-by-case basis.
COVID Safety and Preparedness Plan
For full details on how we will keep guests and staff safe, download the BCA COVID-19 Safety and Preparedness Plan.
Three ways to buy tickets
- By phone at 952-563-8575
- Online at the Bloomington Box Office
- In person (Hours vary; Call 952-563-8575 for current hours)
The Center for the Arts includes two theaters, two galleries, dance studio and rehearsal spaces, art classrooms and offices for the facility's nine resident arts organizations. Indoor and outdoor spaces are available for rentals.
Artistry presents exhibitions in the Inez Greenburg Gallery and the Atrium Gallery at the north end of Bloomington Civic Plaza.
The Inez Greenberg Gallery typically features group shows, and site-specific art installations. The Atrium Gallery hosts smaller exhibits, often by a solo artist.
Accessibility: Bloomington Center for the Arts is accessible for individuals with disabilities.
Pets: No animals are allowed (excepting service animals for people with disabilities).
Smoking: Bloomington Center for the Arts is a nonsmoking facility. Smoking on the grounds is permitted only in designated areas.
Art Center mural: During the summer of 2007, mural artist Erik Pearson painted a 2,500-square-foot mural that wraps around the northeast corner of the Center for the Arts building's exterior.
The City of Bloomington is offering cultural arts support grants to fund general operating expenses for Bloomington-centric non-profit organizations or arts-related educational institutions in 2021.
The purpose of the grants is to provide general operating support to:
- High quality, established cultural arts groups and organizations that produce, present, or exhibit works of art
- Groups and organizations that provide a broad range of services to artists and art appreciators
- Organizations that make enriching, engaging, educational and entertaining cultural arts opportunities available to people of all ages, abilities and interests in the Bloomington community.
For information on eligibility, review criteria and the scoring process, please download the 2021 Cultural Arts Support Grant Review Criteria document.
To apply, please download, complete and submit all of the forms below.
- 2021 Cultural Arts Support RFP
- 2021 Cultural Arts Support ORG Budget Worksheet
- 2021 Cultural Arts Support Board of Directors List
- 2021 Cultural Arts Support Funders List
- 2021 Cultural Arts Support DEI Statistics
If you require assistance or have questions, please call 952-563-8877 or email email@example.com.
A new study on the size and social, cultural and economic impact of the nonprofit arts and culture sector in the City of Bloomington was released in February 2021, by Creative Minnesota, Minnesota Citizens for the Arts, and the City of Bloomington. The Creative Minnesota study is part of an ongoing series of research reports about the arts and culture sector in Minnesota that is available for free online at CreativeMN.org.
Creative Minnesota quantifies the impact and needs of Minnesota’s artists and creative workers, updates previous studies on the economic impact of our state’s 1903 nonprofit arts and culture organizations, and reviews other research about the arts sector in the state.
The Bloomington Center for the Arts Performance Series includes awe-inspiring theater, band, chorale and jazz concerts. Performances are held in the Schneider or Black Box theaters, located in the Bloomington Center for the Arts at the corner of 98th Street and West Old Shakopee Road. Free parking is available on site. Click below for performance dates, times and other details.
Download, print and share the 2021-2022 BCA Performance Series Brochure.
- Songs for a New World
- September 10 – 26, 2021
- Little Women the Broadway Musical
- November 5 - 28, 2021
- Into the Woods
- January 22 - February 20, 2022
- April 23 - May 15, 2022
- Shrek the Musical
- July 16 – August 14, 2022
Visit ArtistryMN.org for details.
ANGELICA CANTANTI YOUTH CHOIRS
- Rita Docter Scholarship Fundraiser Concert and Silent Auction: "Music from the Movies"
- Sunday, February 27, 2022, 2:00 p.m.
Visit AngeliaCantanti.org for details.
Visit BloomingtonChorale.org for more information.
BLOOMINGTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
- Fall 2021 performances have changed venues. Please click the BSO link below to visit the website for dates, locations and additional information.
Visit BloomingtonSymphony.org for details.
CONTINENTAL BALLET COMPANY
- Beer and Ballet Fundraiser Event
- Friday, October 7, 2021, 7 p.m.
- The Nutcracker Ballet (performance dates/times):
- Thursday, December 9, 2021, 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 10, 2021, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 11, 2021, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 12, 2021, 3 p.m.
- Swan Lake (performance dates/times):
- Saturday, March 19, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 20, 2022, 3 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27, 2022, 3 p.m.
Visit ContinentalBallet.com for details.
- Spring 2022 performances canceled.
Visit NOTEableSingers.org for details.
MEDALIST CONCERT BAND
- A Program of Hope and Healing
- Sunday, October 17, 2021, 4 p.m.
- Sounds of the Season
- Sunday, December 19, 2021, 4 p.m.
- All That Jazz!
- Sunday, March 6, 2022, 4 p.m.
- International Passport
- Sunday, May 22, 2022, 4 p.m.
Visit MedalistBand.com for details.
Additional performances will be announced as details become available.