Seasonal Jobs with Parks and Recreation
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department. Below we list many positions that are available at various times throughout the year. For currently available positions, visit the City of Bloomington Careers Page
- Summer positions will be posted by mid-December.
- Summer hiring process typically occurs in March.
- You must fill out an application for each position that interests you in order to be considered.
- Please note that some positions below are grouped into an individual application.
Youth and Adaptive Recreation (Hiring Early 2020)
- Adaptive Softball Coordinator
- Adaptive Softball Lead
- Adaptive Softball Instructor
- Camp Kota Assistant Coordinator
- Camp Kota Coordinator
- Camp Kota Counselor
- Inclusion Assistant Coordinator
- Inclusion Facilitator - Summer
- Playground Instructor
- Playground Lead
- Mini View Instructor
- Mini View Lead
- The View Instructor
- The View Lead
Aquatics (Hiring Early 2020)
- Aquatic Assistant Coordinator – Aquatic Center or Bush Lake Beach
- Aquatics Coordinator
- Admissions Concessions Attendant – Aquatic Center or Bush Lake Beach
- Admissions Lead - Aquatic Center or Bush Lake Beach
- Lifeguard – Aquatic Center or Bush Lake Beach
Golf Courses (Hiring early 2020)
- Food & Beverage Associate
- Golf Shop Associate
- Golf Shop Associate
- Players Assistant: Starter/Ranger
- Players Assistant: Course Ranger
- Seasonal Groundskeeper (Hiring now for remainder of 2019 Season)
Ice Skating Rinks (Hiring Now!)
Other Parks and Recreation positions
Applicant information for Youth and Adaptive Recreation and Aquatics positions
- ALL applicants will be notified via email if they will be progressing to the interviews by March 7, 2019. Please be sure to monitor your email during this time and check your spam folder if you have not received any notifications. Those who are continuing will receive directions and information about what to expect in the process. Interviews will be scheduled on March 14 and March 16. Applicants may also attend the January 5 job fair to participate in an interview.