Winter Fete 2021
Join Bloomington Parks and Recreation along with area sponsors and embrace the season during the 17th Annual Winter Fete celebration. This year, Winter Fete will look a little different than years past due to Covid-19. Area activities throughout the month of January will be posted here for many different activities your family can enjoy.
All Winter Fete activities are free unless otherwise noted, and fun for the whole family!
See below for the exciting events and activities that Winter Fete 2021 has to offer.
Events and Activities
Three Rivers Park District Virtual Rennet Race
VIRTUAL RACE — JANUARY 9-17, 2021
Based on the current guidelines issued by the Minnesota Department of Health, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s in-person Ski Rennet. All registrants will be automatically moved to the virtual option and the difference in registration fees will be refunded.
The Virtual Ski Rennet will take place January 9-17 on the trail of your choice. You can pick up your race swag at your designated location starting Jan. 5. Learn more about the virtual race.
- NEW THIS YEAR: In partnership with the Three Rivers Park District Foundation, 10 percent of every race registration supports cross-country ski scholarships for youth in the Twin Cities. Make an additional donation when you register to make an even larger impact.
Bloomington Community Education
Online J-Term catalog of classes features multiple fun activities, including:
- The Realistic Foodie (page 5)
- This class is designed to help a Bloomington student receive her Girl Scout Gold Award (equivalent to a Boy Scout Eagle). This class is being presented by the student and a Master Composter who will speak on Organic Recycling and Composting. The food for the class is provided by Ruby's Pantry, which gathers and distributes overages and "ugly" food that would go to waste in supermarkets. In addition to the March 6 date listed in the catalog, there is also a class on February 9, 6-9 p.m.
- The Spam™tastic Virtual Tour (page 5)
- This is a fun and informative Zoom tour of the Spam™ Museum in Austin, MN.
- Tour dates:
- Wednesday, January 13, 2-3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 30, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
SledstravaganZa - January 16
Cowabunga! Bloomington Parks and Recreation cordially invites you to enjoy an afternoon of incredible fun at SledstravaganZa!
- Where: Brookside Park
- When: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 1-4 p.m.
- Who: Open to all. Free event. No registration required.
- Per safety and operations plan, participation limited to two pods of 25 participants at any one time.
There will be sledding (of course), treats, door prizes, photo ops and much more.
- Have your own sled? Bring it.
- Don’t have a sled? Use one of ours.
- All attendees receive a logo mug with a packet of hot cocoa just for showing up.
- Door prizes include gloves and other winter related goodies.
Come join us for some FREE classic winter fun!
Donation of a non-perishable food item for VEAP would be appreciated, but is not required. All are welcome to participate. No registration required.