Yard waste is a subscription service in the new garbage and recycling program. Weather permitting, full-season yard waste collection in 2021 runs April 12 through November 26. If there is significant snowfall before the end of November, yard waste collection will end at that time.
Yard waste collection is weekly and includes all garden waste, grass clippings, leaves, weeds, soft garden materials, shrub and tree waste, and prunings. Twigs and branches must be approximately three feet in length and three inches or less in diameter.
Dirt, sod, rocks and wood chips are not accepted in the yard waste program.
Please place yard waste in your cart, bags or on the ground tied in bundles. Bags and bundles should not be heavier than 40 pounds. New in 2021, there is a limit of 20 bags or bundles that can be placed out each week. Properties enrolled in full-season subscription may request for one (1) additional yard waste cart. The additional yard waste cart will incur a $37.32 delivery fee each time it is placed at the property. To request for one additional cart, contact the Utility Billing office.
Zones and collection days
Yard waste collection will occur on the same day as your garbage and recycling day during the yard waste collection season (see below). Please have materials out to the curb on your collection day before 7 a.m. All carts should be rolled to the curb or driveway – not placed in the street.
- Monday: East city limit to Portland Avenue South
- Tuesday: Portland Avenue South to Penn Avenue South
- Wednesday: Penn Avenue South to France Avenue South
- Thursday: France Avenue South to Normandale Blvd.
- Friday: Normandale Boulevard to West city limit
Recycling and yard waste services are not subject to tax.
- Full season subscription (Monday of the second week in April through Friday of the last week in November*) = $84.78
- Partial season subscription (Aug 1 to Friday of the last week in November*) = $53.06 (Only available to new clients, or to those who have recently moved after yard waste season began.)
- On call (per bag) = $4.26
*Yard waste start and end dates are dependent on weather.
Yard waste is a subscription service in the garbage and recycling program. Full-season yard waste subscription service will be available Monday of the second week in April through Friday of the last week of November (dependent on weather).
Residents may also pay per bag for yard waste on-call services. Due to the current temporary closure of Civic Plaza to the public, yard waste stickers can no longer be purchased in person. Instead, to purchase yard waste stickers, please call the Finance Department at 952-563-8757 and they will be mailed out. Residents must adhere one sticker to each on-call bag of yard waste. To schedule an on-call collection, contact Utility Billing at least 48 hours prior to your collection day. The hauler will collect yard waste materials on your garbage day.