Planning Commission Meeting Schedule Changes
Please check this page for changes to the Planning Commission meeting schedule due to the COVID-19 crisis.
City Council - COVID-19 Updates
The Planning Division may have development items that will be heard at the upcoming City Council meeting. For general information on reviewing materials, comment submission instructions and how to watch/participate at the City Council hearing, click on this link.
Planning Commission and City Council agendas, agenda packets, and materials can be found by clicking this link.
Planning - COVID-19 Updates
The Bloomington Planning Commission will be conducting its next regular meeting remotely using Webex Event at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 15, 2021.
Important Notice: Some or all members of the Bloomington Planning Commission and staff will participate in the Planning Commission meeting by telephone/computer rather than by being personally present at the Planning Commission's regular meeting place at the Council Chambers at Civic Plaza, 1800 West Old Shakopee Road in Bloomington.
Members of the public can watch or listen to the Planning Commission meeting using the following methods:
- Watch/listen: BTV (Comcast channels 859 or 14)
- Watch online at blm.mn/btv-live or the City's YouTube channel blm.mn/youtube
To listen, dial phone number: 1-415-655-0001, and enter access code: 133 465 4953 (phone charges can be avoided by using cell phones)
Members of the public can submit testimony or comment on an agenda item by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com.
- Leaving a voicemail at 952-563-8920.
- Call 1-888-742-5095, Conference Code: 8461001098 during the hearing to provide live testimony.
To ensure City staff have adequate time to disseminate your email or voicemail testimony to the Planning Commission, please submit it by noon on April 15, 2021. Be sure to include the name of the specific agenda item you are providing testimony for.
The City of Bloomington uses an online application portal. Once registered and a case is initiated by staff, applicants formally apply through the portal, attach related plans and document submittals, pay fees, view or print documents, and see review progress via the portal. Please don’t hesitate to contact Planning at 952-563-8920 for questions related to portal registration and permit submittal process.
The Planning Division guides Bloomington's future land use direction through long range plans and zoning controls. The division reviews and prepares recommendations on applications for development, rezoning, use permits and variances and works closely with the Planning Commission.
Schedules, agendas and documents from Planning Commission meetings are available online.
Information regarding any Planning action, including any permits issued for a specific address, may be reviewed on the City Portal.
- Bloomington Data Book - April 2016.pdf
- Community profile
- Demographics and census information
- Interactive maps: These applications use data stored in our geographic information system (GIS). Property information, construction projects, maximum building height, Land Use Guide Plan and zoning information are just some of the great tools for use at this link.
- Report - Miller Dunwiddie Community Survey of Historic Sites
- Residential Projects in Pipeline
- New Residential Units 2000-2019.pdf
Zoning and codes
- Bloomington Zoning ordinance – Chapter 19 and Chapter 21 of the City Code
- Bloomington Zoning ordinance update project
- Landscaping and screening plan submittal requirements
- Requirements for towers and wireless facilities
- Starting a home enterprise
- Zoning Map.pdf updated 2020-11-18 – Zoom in within the PDF file to view hatch patterns.
- Height limits map – updated 2012-08-01
- MSP Airport Zoning Ordinance