|Name||Position||End Date of Term|
|Suado Abdi||Commissioner||June 30, 2023|
|Phil Koktan||Commissioner||June 30, 2023|
|Jon Solberg||Chair||June 30, 2022|
|Aubrey Albrecht||Commissioner||June 30, 2022|
|Alba Nelly Korman||Commissioner||June 30, 2022|
|Joanna Goltzman||Commissioner||June 30, 2021|
|Paige Rohman||Vice Chair||June 30, 2021|
The Planning Commission advises the City Council on development proposals, development standards, long-range planning and transportation issues.
On this page
Regular meetings are usually held on Thursdays at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at Bloomington Civic Plaza, 1800 West Old Shakopee Road or by electronic means as provided by state law.
- Live stream of regular meetings (if meeting is currently in progress) (study meetings are not streamed or televised)
- Agendas, Webcasts and Documents
- Past meeting documents
Chapter 2, Article V, Section 2.85.02 of the Bloomington City Code charges the Planning Commission with the following duties. Note that effective January 1, 2010, the Planning Commission assumed the duties of the Traffic and Transportation Advisory Commission.
- Hold hearings, review applications and make recommendations as set forth in the City Code;
- Review and make recommendations on variance and appeal applications where such review is required of the Planning Commission by the city code;
- Review and make recommendations on proposed amendments to zoning, subdivision and transportation provisions of the City Code;
- Review and make recommendations on proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and district plans; and
- Review and make recommendations on transportation issues including transportation planning, street extensions and modification, street layout and striping, on street parking, neighborhood traffic plans, transportation grant applications, transit systems, pedestrian way, and bicycle traffic.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the City Council or by state law.
The Planning Commission's staff liaison is Glen Markegard, Planning Manager.
Planning Commissioners may be contacted by emailing or contacting the Planning Division using the contact information at the top of this page.