Chapter 2, Article V, Section 2.85.02 of the Bloomington City Code charges the Planning Commission with the following duties. Note that effective January 1, 2010, the Planning Commission assumed the duties of the Traffic and Transportation Advisory Commission.
- Hold hearings, review applications and make recommendations as set forth in the City Code;
- Review and make recommendations on variance and appeal applications where such review is required of the Planning Commission by the city code;
- Review and make recommendations on proposed amendments to zoning, subdivision and transportation provisions of the City Code;
- Review and make recommendations on proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and district plans; and
- Review and make recommendations on transportation issues including transportation planning, street extensions and modification, street layout, on street parking, neighborhood traffic plans, transportation grant applications, transit systems, pedestrian way, and bicycle traffic.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the City Council or by state law.
- 2022 Planning Commission Work Plan