Our mission: Engage the community in promoting, protecting and improving the health of all
Our vision: A healthy community empowered by our locally-based support and services
On this page
To apply for student internships, field experience and clinical placements in public health:
- First read our guidelines to find out if you are eligible.
- If you are eligible, then you may apply online here.
These reports keep track of our community's health and help us make plans for promoting, protecting and improving the health of people in our community.
Division of Public Health annual reports
Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) 2012-2015
- The Community Health Improvement Plan was developed through a joint effort of the cities of Bloomington, Edina, Minneapolis and Richfield and Hennepin County. The Plan includes a joint Community Health Assessment, vision and guiding principles, strategic health issues and goals, stakeholder engagement and planning, and additional resources and tools. Read the Community Health Improvement Plan.
Community Health Assessment
Community Food Assessment for the Cities of Bloomington, Edina and Richfield
Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Health Indicators Summary
VEAP 2014 Food Program Survey
2015 Population Profiles
2015-2017 Minnesota Student Survey data
2010-2011 Community Readiness Survey results
2006-2010 Maternal and Child Health Reports
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- American Public Health Association
- Public Health Law Center
- National Institutes of Health