On this page
Bloomington-Edina-Richfield Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
MRC volunteers include medical professionals and non-medical community members without healthcare backgrounds.
Our MRC volunteer unit strengthens public health emergency response efforts, builds community resiliency and engages the public in health promotion information and community events.
For information about MRC activities and how to become a MRC volunteer, visit our Medical Reserve Corps and CERT volunteers page.
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
CERT members are community volunteers trained in basic response skills by emergency personnel.
CERT members are prepared to save lives, prevent the spread of disease, and protect themselves, their families, and their community in the event of a disaster.
For information about CERT activities and how to become a CERT volunteer, visit our Medical Reserve Corps and CERT volunteers page.
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training - Bloomington's Heart Safe Communities Program offers this training to groups in the community at no cost. CPR training kits are also available to loan out for those who would like to learn CPR and AED use. For more information or to schedule a training, contact us:
- By phone at 952-563-8985
- Or by email at heartsafe@BloomingtonMN.gov.
- Family emergency preparedness—tips to prepare your family for an emergency.
- Ready, Set, Go! - Emergency Preparedness Toolkit for Faith Communities.
- Ready, Set, Go! - Emergency Preparedness toolkit for Community-Based Organizations.
- Initiating a culturally competent Ebola response and recovery
- MDH (Minnesota Department of Health) - for updates on Avian flu, Pandemic flu, and seasonal flu
- PandemicFlu.gov - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- State of Minnesota influenza (flu)
- Ready - Department of Homeland Security
- ECHO (Emergency and Community Health Outreach) - health and safety information in Hmong, Khmer, Lao, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese, English and other languages