Parks, Arts & Recreation Commission
The Bloomington Parks, Arts and Recreation Commission advises the City Council on matters related to the capital development, improvement and maintenance of city parks as well as recreation and cultural arts programs.
Meeting location, schedule, agendas, minutes
Agendas and approved minutes are added as they become available. All agendas and documents are available at blm.mn/meetings.
Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. and are held in the Dakota Conference Room at Bloomington Civic Plaza unless noted below.
- January 8
- February 12
- March 11 (Bloomington Ice Garden)
April 8- CANCELLED
- May 13
- June 10
July 8- CANCELLED
- August 5
- September 9
- October 14 (Dwan Golf Course)
- November 18
- December 9 (Gideon Pond House – holiday meeting)
Mission statement and duties
Section 2.98.11 of the Bloomington City Code charges PARC with the following duties:
- To review and evaluate park and recreation programs and how these programs can and do fulfill the existing and future needs of the City.
- To review and evaluate parks, recreation and arts financing methods as they relate to needs.
- To review, study, and evaluate the use, operation, and need for revenue facilities in the City such as the golf courses, swimming pools, and Bloomington Community Ice Garden.
- To study, review, and evaluate existing and future programs and facilities in the area of cultural activities as an important additional source of recreation for the people; and to study how these programs and facilities meet the cultural needs of the community.
Parks and Recreation Annual Report
Each year the Parks and Recreation department pulls together information to share regarding the previous successes and the following years' objectives. This report will be posted once it is reviewed and approved by the Commission usually in mid-summer. Here is the 2017 Parks and Recreation Annual Report
PARC's staff liaison is Ann Kattreh, director of the City's Parks and Recreation Department.
|Name||Position||End Date of Term|
|Maxwell Collins||Youth Commissioner||August 31, 2020|
|Laura Perreault||Commissioner||February 28, 2021|
|Dave Rickert||Vice Chair||February 28, 2021|
|Lenny Schmitz||Chair||February 28, 2021|
|Ann Marie Terpstra||Commissioner||February 28, 2022|
|Stephanie Tungseth||Commissioner||February 28, 2022|