- Users of Normandale Lake in Bloomington will notice something different this fall – the water will be gone!
- The City of Bloomington’s Creative Placemaking Commission in partnership with Artistry seeks proposed designs for transforming two common utility boxes in South Loop into creative, exciting, and appealing objects of art that enhance the district’s character and vitality.
- The City of Bloomington is getting greener. Last year, the City joined the GreenStep Cities program and has already gone from Step 1 to 3—something only three other cities have achieved that quickly. Bloomington was recognized at the annual League of Minnesota Cities conference in June for its accomplishment.
- A 70 year old Bloomington resident was found pinned under his vehicle in the 9800 block of Humboldt Ave S.
- The cities of Bloomington and St. Louis Park were recognized at the League of Minnesota Cities annual conference with a 2018 City of Excellence Award for their Pathways to Policing joint effort.
- The Minnesota Supreme Court reversed a decision by the Court of Appeals that upheld the City of Bloomington’s implementation of an organized garbage and recycling program.