Snow Alert. Crews are out plowing and treating roads. Please drive carefully.  More information...

Police records requests

How can I get a background check done on myself?

Bloomington Police can do a local record check (Bloomington Police records only) and provide you with a written document containing the results of the search. Cost is $10 and the document is certified.

If you need a FULL criminal background check, you will need to contact the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA): 1430 Maryland Ave E, St. Paul  MN  55106; PH: 651-793-2400; BCA Web site.

How can I obtain a copy of my Accident/Police Report?

If you are listed on the accident report (owner/driver), a copy of the accident report will be mailed to you. To obtain a copy of a police report, you will need to fill out the Request for Access to Classified Government Data

You may either email the request form (, fax the request form (952-563-4936) or drop the request form off at the Bloomington Police Department. Once the request form is received, it will take 7 to 10 days to process. The report must be releasable under Minnesota Data Practices Laws. There is a charge of 25 cents per page; if the report is more than three pages (e.g. a four-page report would cost $1).

How can I obtain my Minnesota driving record?

The State of Minnesota can provide a copy of your driving record. Contact the main Division of Vehicle Services in St. Paul at 651-296-6911 for more information.

The Bloomington Motor Vehicle Office is unable to provide driving records.

Where can I get a Minnesota State Accident Reporting form?

If you were in a crash (accident) where someone was injured or there was more than $1,000 worth of damage to the vehicles, you will need to fill out the form. You can pick up the form at any police department or download the form from the Department of Public Safety Website. The completed form gets mailed to the Department of Public Safety (address on the back of form).