- The City of Bloomington and the Bloomington Housing and Redevelopment Authority will host its 13th Home Improvement Fair on Saturday, February 24.
- Just after 4 am, Bloomington Dispatch received multiple calls regarding shots fired at the Comfort Inn, 1321 E. 78th St. Officers arrived on scene and found 2 adult males from Chicago in the lobby suffering from non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
- The City of Bloomington held a recount today to precisely determine the vote count between two City Council candidates whose vote margin was extremely close. The municipal election held in November resulted in a six-vote difference between City Council District IV candidates Patrick Martin and Jon Oleson. Per state law, the recount was held because of a request by Oleson who received fewer votes.
- On November 27 the City Council approved a motion directing staff to place the Hyland Greens Request for Proposals item on the December 4 City Council meeting agenda rejecting all proposals.
- Minnesota came in third in the race to host Expo 2023 (The World’s Fair) after the Bureau of International Expositions General Assembly voted on three sites—Bloomington, MN, U.S.; Lodz, Poland and Buenos Aires, Argentina—in Paris on November 15. Buenos Aires, Argentina won the rights to host the event.
- Bloomington Police responded to Macy's, 4000 Southwest Court, 11/12/17, after two adult males were stabbed in a first floor dressing room. The victims of the stabbing have been identified as two brother from Minneapolis.
- Bloomington Police responded to Macy's, 4000 Southwest Court, 11/12/17, after two adult males were stabbed in a first floor dressing room. There is an update to the spelling of the suspect's name.
- Bloomington Police responded to Macy's, 4000 Southwest Court, this evening (11/12/17) after two adult males were stabbed in a first floor dressing room.