Get a home safety survey to reduce risk of house fires
Did you know that the majority of fire-related deaths and injuries happen at home? The Bloomington Fire Department wants to help reduce the potential for fires through its home safety survey program. This program assists residents in making their homes safer and reduces the possibility of fires.
BFD invites homeowners in owner-occupied, single-family homes to take part in a free home safety survey.
What should you expect during a survey inspection?
- A fire inspector will check your home and offer fire safety tips to safeguard your family from the threat of fire.
- The fire inspector will help you with your family’s escape plan, cooking safety and general fire safety.
- If needed, the fire inspector will assist you with installing a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, and StoveTop FireStops®, free while supplies last.
- Fire safety inspections typically last less than an hour.
- An adult must be present during the inspection.
- A copy of the inspection findings will be given to the resident along with suggestions.
Schedule a home safety survey
Appointments are available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
To schedule a home safety survey, call 952-563-8930 or request a home safety inspection online.