Minnesota River Valley Natural and Cultural Systems Plan
The purpose of the Natural and Cultural Systems plan is to identify high priority areas for resource enhancement. This plan also provides detailed analysis of natural and cultural resources in the River Valley in order to assess management strategies and where they should be applied.
The Minnesota River Valley Natural and Cultural Systems Plan was approved by the City Council on August 6, 2018. A copy of the final approved plan is available for review or download in the tabs below.
MN River Valley Natural & Cultural Systems Plan: Available for download
Appendices: Available for download
Feedback and Input Schedule
Staff has met regularly with a volunteer group of resource professionals to receive feedback and create a set of criteria for determining priority resource enhancement areas.
Final Approval of the Natural and Cultural Systems Plan occurred on August 6, 2018 at the City Council meeting.
Past Public Meetings and Formal Review
- August 6, 2018 - City Council meeting
- July 12, 2018 - Planning Commission meeting
- July 11, 2018 - Parks, Arts, and Recreation Commission meeting
- July 10, 2018 - Sustainability Commission meeting
- A Public Open House was held on June 19, 2018 to share information and receive feedback on the draft plan.
- Stakeholder meetings were conducted in June 2018 to discuss best practices with agencies and organizations performing related work in the River Valley.
- Study Meetings (which members of the public may attend, but no testimony is taken) were held with Sustainability, PARC, Planning Commission, and City Council.
- May 17, 2018 - Planning Commission study session
- May 14, 2018 - City Council study session
- May 9, 2018 - PARC
- May 8, 2018 - Sustainability Commission