The City Clerk's Office issues licenses as required by the City Code. For your convenience, several license applications are available for download.
The City of Bloomington has no general business license.
- Licenses required by City Code – See list on this page, below
- License applications and forms
- 2019 License Fees
Licensed businesses, organizations and individuals
- Motor Vehicle – Vehicle titles, license plates and driver's licenses.
- Liquor retailing in Bloomington
- Contractor licensing – Licenses administered by our Building and Inspection Division.
- Does my contractor need a license? – Avoid difficulties during your construction project.
- Contractor license application
City Code section:
|Casino Gaming Events||14.36|
|Commercial animal establishments||14.94|
|Currency Exchange Business||14.159|
|Escort services and escorts||14.166|
|Garbage and refuse hauler||10.07|
|Laundry, self service Commercial||14.237|
|Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law Certificate of Compliance Form|
|Milk, cream, and dairy products||14.443|
|Motel/hotel, each unit||14.276|
|Motorized golf carts||8.95|
|Parachuting and Aircraft Landings and Takeoffs||12.43|
|Precious Metal Dealers||14.442.03 and 14.420|
|Rental license application package – single family dwellings
(duplexes, single-family dwellings, condominiums, townhouses, boarding houses, accessory dwelling units)
|14.566 to 14.594|
|Rental license application package – multiple dwellings
(multiple, three-plex, four-plex, housing with services)
|14.566 to 14.594|
|Seasonal sales license (not more than four per year)||14.314|
|Secondhand goods dealer||14.442.33 / 14.420|
|Swimming pool, therapy and wading pool||15.107|
|Taxicab companies/Taxicab drivers||14.391|
|Temporary food license||14.09|
|Temporary license or permit||14.09|
|Temporary recycling event||14.09|
|Tobacco-related products, retail sale each location||14.435|
|Transient merchant, hawker, or peddler||14.180|