Building and Inspections
- Information Sheets and Handouts - Commercial and Residential
- Permit Applications and Fees - Commercial and Residential
- Permit Status and Monthly Building Reports
- Time-of-Sale (TOS) Housing Inspection Program
- Trade Testing and Contractor Licensing
The MN Department of Labor and Industry (DOLI) issues building, electrical, and plumbing and many other trade contractor licenses. Minnesota law requires that most residential building contractors, re-modelers, roofers and manufactured home installers obtain state licenses. To verify DOLI licensing, visit Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
Trade contractors performing mechanical, HVAC, and gas-related work in Bloomington must obtain a contractor license through the Building and Inspections division at the City of Bloomington. Please visit the Trade Testing and Contractor Licensing page for more information.