Forward 2040 Documents
Forward 2040 Comprehensive Plan - November 2018 Draft
The 2040 Comprehensive Plan - November 2018 Draft is posted below. The Planning Commission will host a public hearing on November 8th and November 29th.
- Vision, values, and desired outcomes
- Summary of update process
- Redevelopment priorities
- Demographic changes
- Implications of shifting retail model, sharing economy, and autonomous vehicles
- Improving access to alternative, renewable energy
- Overview of City’s existing housing supply, by type and affordability
- Forecast of future housing demand by type and affordability
- Preserving housing quality and affordability
- Expanding housing choices
- Improvements to alternative transportation facilities (bicycle, pedestrian, transit)
- Improvements to roads and freight transportation to accommodate forecast growth
- Strategies to enhance mobility and accessibility
- Mitigating noise impacts
- Ensuring new development meet airport safety regulations (use and height restrictions)
- Improvements to sewer, water, and stormwater management systems to accommodate forecast growth and enhance resilience to climate shifts.
- Strategic renewal of aging utility infrastructure.
- Enhancing sustainability through conservation, reuse, and recycling.
- Implications of changing demographics on community programs and services.
- Creating a sense of identity and neighborhood connection and engagement.
- Fostering healthy lifestyles.
- Summary of tools and programs to implement plan recommendations, including funding sources and partners.