Upcoming City Council Meetings
NOTICE: All City Council meetings in 2021 will be held electronically via WebEx at 6:00pm, unless otherwise specified.
To watch or listen to the March 1, 2021 regular business meeting:
- BTV (Comcast channels 859 or 14)
- Watch online at blm.mn/btv-live or the City's YouTube channel blm.mn/youtube
- By phone: 1-415-655-0001, access code 133 376 4193
- A mobile phone is recommended to avoid a long-distance charge.
To provide public comment:
- To participate live during the public comment period or a public hearing at the council meeting, dial phone number: 1-866-427-2706, conference ID 9474789 prior the start of the item you wish to speak on.
- As you call in, provide the item number and item name listed on the agenda.
- You will be placed on hold and your line muted until it is your turn to comment or testify.
- You may leave a voicemail at 952-563-4695 or email email@example.com.
- Include the item number and item name listed on the agenda.
- Include your name, phone number, and address when leaving a voicemail or email.
- Leave voicemail or email by 2 p.m. on meeting date ensure adequate time to disseminate your testimony to the Council.
- Please indicate if you also plan to call in during the meeting to provide live comment or testimony.
Meeting agenda and documents are available at blm.mn/meetings.
Adopted in 1960, the City Charter provides for a Council-Manager form of government. The City Council, which includes an elected mayor and six other elected Councilmembers, exercises the legislative power of the City of Bloomington and determines all City policies.
The City Council appoints a professional city manager, who is responsible to the Council for the administration of all City business. The Council also appoints citizens to various advisory boards and commissions.
Meetings and minutes
- Business meetings are at 6 p.m. and take place on several Mondays per month in Bloomington Civic Plaza's Council Chambers unless otherwise noted. This schedule is adjusted to accommodate holidays.
- Study meetings take place on an as-needed basis, and will be held at 6 p.m. unless otherwise specified. These meetings are in Bloomington Civic Plaza's Council Chambers unless otherwise noted.
- The Council also holds joint meetings and concurrent meetings with other organizational groups, special meetings, and meetings on property taxes.
- 2021 City Council meeting calendar
How to watch
- Live – Business meetings and study meetings are broadcast on Comcast 14-SD/859-HD and livestreamed on BTV.
- Archive – Archived video is made available soon after each meeting's conclusion.
- The Mayor provides a summary of each meeting through the Council Minute video series
Meeting minutes and documents
- Agendas – listing of items to be discussed at each meeting.
- Agenda packets and documents – Available on the City's online agenda management system.
- Voting results (without any narrative) – Posted after the meeting minutes are approved by City Council.
- Minutes – The official record of each meeting. Posted after Council approval.