Planning handouts & forms
Including garages, carports, storage buildings, gazebos, screen houses, playhouses
Conditional/Interim use permits/Variances
- Conditional/Interim Use Permit (handout currently being revised)
Development application procedures
Landscaping, Fences and Front yard libraries
Lighting (exterior only)
Permit applications and checklist
Permits and their associated handouts are linked below. Some projects need more than one permit. For more information on the subject, contact the Planning Division at 952-563-8920.
- (To be uploaded to the Portal)
- Affidavit of Consent
- Appeal of Planning Commission Decision
- Appeal of Planning Manager's Decision
- Permanent Sign Permit application – Sign Permits are applied for through an online portal linked here. Permanent signs require payment of both an application fee and a permit fee, payment is completed after application is made. (Administered by Planning Division, 952-563-8920)
- Temporary sign permit application – Temporary signs require payment of a permit fee, to be paid when the application is submitted. The fee for temporary signs applies for all signs per occasion, per site. Environmental Health Division administers these permit, contact Environmental Health at 952-563-8934 for information)
- Plan Submission Checklist
- 2020 Planning Commission Submittal Schedule
- Fee Schedule - A list of fees for planning related applications.
- Residential Height Residential height limitations in single-family zoning districts.
Recreational vehicles (RVs)
- Recreational Vehicles.pdf Recreational vehicle standards for single family residential zoning districts.
- Commercial/residential real estate sign information sheet Sign requirements, prohibited signs, rules for signs adjacent to specific streets.
- Sign rules for residential properties Temporary signs size and locations, permits required, prohibited signs.
- Temporary sign permit application – Temporary signs require payment of a permit fee, to be paid when the application is submitted. The fee for temporary signs applies for all signs per occasion, per site. (Environmental Health Division administers these permit, contact 952-563-8934 for information)