Breastfeeding friendly workplace
We have everything you need to apply!
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) accepts applications at any time. However, MDH will only review applications and make their decisions twice yearly.
Applications that MDH receives by August 15 will be reviewed by September 30. Applications MDH receives by February 15 will be reviewed by March 31.
Prepare before you apply
- Prepare a space for your employees who must express breastmilk to feed their baby (Take pictures of your space(s) to send with your application.):
Download our document for guidance.
- Establish a policy for supporting breastfeeding employees (You will send this with your application.):
You may download and use our model policy.
- Have a plan to train your staff:
You may download and use our training plan for supervisors and staff.
- Be able to provide a list of community breastfeeding resources and support materials to your employees. You may download and use any of our resources, including the following:
Apply for Breastfeeding Friendly status in just 10 minutes!
Once you have prepared a space and downloaded our forms, you can quickly submit your application:
- Download the application and save it to your computer to complete:
Application for recognition as a breastfeeding friendly workplace
- Send as email attachments to MDH: health.BFW@state.mn.us
- Your completed application
- Your breastfeeding policy
- Picture(s) of your designated space for pumping breastmilk