Fire Department news and updates
- Nancy Anselmin has been a Bloomington firefighter for 17 years.
- Did you know that nearly 75% of child safety seats are installed incorrectly?
- Cody Mittelstaedt has been a Bloomington firefighter for three years. He serves out of Station 3.
- To better serve the community, the City is building a new Fire Station 3 at 2301 86th Street East.
- Alec Purcell has been a Bloomington firefighter for seven years.
- To better serve the community and meet the needs of the Fire Department, the City is building a new Fire Station 3 at 2301 86th Street East. The existing Station 3 is 50 years old and no longer meets the needs of the community or the Department. The new station will allow for adequate equipment storage, address health and safety issues for firefighters and be more energy efficient.
- Starting in mid-April, the Park Maintenance Division, Fire Department and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will begin their third season of working together through prescribed burning to restore native prairies, wetlands and park landscapes within the City of Bloomington.
- Firefighting on a minus six-degree day is cold business, but unexpected kindness warms hearts even in bad weather.
This information about personal safety, community alerts, and other useful topics is provided by the Bloomington Fire Department.