Bloomington Police Department (Bloomington, Minnesota)
"The men and women, sworn and civilian alike, of the Bloomington Police Department are dedicated, professional, caring individuals who deserve endless praise and thanks. Bloomington's future is bright because of the service they give to our community. On behalf of all our employees, I would like to welcome you to our website. I trust that you will find the information provided to be useful and informative. Please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or suggestions regarding our site." -- Jeff Potts, Chief of Police
On this page
The mission of the Bloomington Police Department is to provide excellence in policing by protecting, serving and partnering with our community to improve its quality of life.
The Bloomington Police Department is committed to open interaction with our community. We demonstrate our commitment through:
- Service with honor and integrity.
- Vigorous enforcement of laws.
- Excellence in leadership.
- Partnerships with business, neighborhood and youth communities.
- Collaborative approaches to problem solving.
- Recognition of the dignity and cultural identity of each employee and citizen.
The Bloomington Police Department is committed to building upon a foundation that values its past, recognizes present challenges and prepares for a changing society. To demonstrate this commitment, we dedicate ourselves to:
- Creating a culture that promotes, recognizes and values innovative policing strategies.
- Becoming a learning organization receptive to change and in charge of its future.
- Hiring the best employees and training them to the utmost standards.
- Always upholding our civic and constitutional responsibilities.
In Roll Call, officers from the Bloomington Police Department discuss current crime trends in the city. Here's the episode of Roll Call most recently uploaded to YouTube.