Multicultural Advisory Committee
The Bloomington Police Department’s Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC) is a core component of the Joint Community Police Partnership (JCPP), which focuses on building trust and communication between police and communities.
The Bloomington MAC meets on the last Wednesday of every month from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in the police department.
MAC meetings are an opportunity for police and MAC members to discuss new and ongoing community concerns, strategize on how best to engage with the community, and share information on police policies and procedures.
MAC members commit to the following expectations:
- Attending and participating fully in monthly meetings with an open mind and a willingness to have challenging conversations
- Participating in and/or assisting with MAC and police department events and programs throughout the year
- Sharing and disseminating information to fellow community members about events, opportunities and resources offered through the police department
- A willingness to serve as a bridge-builder between the police department and the community
- A commitment to maintaining a safe space for all who participate in MAC meetings
MAC members must live, work or worship in Bloomington, and be willing to represent a particular community or strategic community partner.