MCES Bloomington Area Regional Sewer Improvements – Central Bloomington
Bloomington Area Regional Sewer Improvements – Central Bloomington
Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES), operator of the metro-area wastewater collection treatment system, is making improvements to aging and deteriorating regional sanitary sewer facilities that serve homes and businesses in the City of Bloomington.
Work is anticipated to begin in Spring 2017 and be completed by Summer 2018. The map below shows the locations of the five primary rehabilitation sites in central Bloomington.
The five areas designated for rehabilitation on the above map are at the following locations:
- Along W 84th Street, west of France Avenue near Pauly's Pond Park.
- Along Irwin Avenue from France Avenue to W 84th Street.
- Along Penn Avenue between W 93rd and W 94th streets, and extending one block west along W 93rd Street and two blocks east along W 94th Street.
- From W 96th Street just west of 35W eastward to Lyndale and continuing along W 95th Street toward Syndicate Avenue, ending near Oxboro Lake.
- Along 18th Avenue between E 86th Street and E 90th Street.
A site overview and project area map is available on the Metro Council project website.
For more information, to sign up for project email or text updates or to view past and present updates, visit the project website. Questions and comments can be directed to the project team at 952-223-9907 or info@BloomingtonInterceptorRehab.com. Please leave a voice message, and the team will contact you promptly.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to minimize negative impacts during construction. We appreciate your patience as we complete this important sewer work in your area.