This wonderful festival is a chance to experience living history at the Pond-Dakota Mission Park in Bloomington, Minnesota. Its goal is to demonstrate the lifestyles of people living in Minnesota between 1830 and 1870 through story-telling and interactive, hands-on demonstration!
- School Days: September 21 - 25, 2015
- Public Event: September 24, 4 - 8:30 p.m.
September 21 - 25, 2015
River Rendezvous is a living history festival set at the Pond-Dakota Mission Park in Bloomington. Its goal is to demonstrate the lifestyles of people living in Minnesota between 1800 and 1870.
River Rendezvous School Days focus on the history and culture of the American Indians, the fur traders and the early settlers. The setting is Pond-Dakota Mission Park, a historic 40-acre site located in the City of Bloomington.
Rendezvous School Days are designed primarily for students in grades 4 through 8 to enhance their understanding of Minnesota and Western Frontier history. Classes come to the Rendezvous for up to an entire school day. Depending on the length of stay, classes will participate in 7 - 10 demonstrations in the areas of Native American life, Early Trades, Pioneer Life, Plants and Animals, Wilderness Skills, The Fur Trade, and Fun and Games. The emphasis is on providing students with authentic and hands-on historical experiences.
Don't miss this exciting educational event, marked as the premiere educational Rendezvous in the entire Midwest!
Cost, payment policy and accommodation
- $10 per student – Early bird rate for registrations received before May 15, 2015
- $11 per student – For registrations received after May 15, 2015
- $11 per adult (one adult per 5 students is admitted free; each adult above this ratio is an additional $11.)
- Bloomington schools: Contact Jill Murphy, 952-563-8889, for registration fees and information.
Payment is required before the event or upon arrival that day. No admittance will be accepted without payment in full. It is recommended that payment be arranged so we have received your checks prior to the event.
Special needs policy:
Bloomington Parks and Recreation actively supports the inclusion of all children into our programs. If you or your participant has any special needs, please contact Jenna Smith at 952-563-8891 at least two weeks in advance so we may make arrangements to accommodate you. If special circumstances arise within two weeks of the event, please contact us as soon as possible.
You may fax, mail or email* your registration form, or bring it directly to the Bloomington Park and Recreation office. Registration will be on a first-received basis. To ensure that you get the day you want, we cannot stress the importance of returning your completed application as soon as possible.
For details and forms, click the appropriate link below.
- 2015 River Rendezvous invitation
- 2015 Admission, registration, cancellation polices
- 2015 Registration form
- 2015 Change of status form (coming soon!)
*If you are using the fill-in registration form, please save the file as your school name and email to riverrendezvous@BloomingtonMN.gov
Participate in this fascinating living history event at the Pond-Dakota Mission Park in Bloomington, Minnesota. Experience the lifestyles of people living in Minnesota between 1800 and 1870 through story-telling and interactive, hands-on demonstrations!
- Date: Thursday, September 24, 2015
- Time: 4 - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Pond-Dakota Mission Park, 401 East 104th Street
- Cost: $6 (children under 4 free)
- River Rendezvous Public Event Flyer - coming soon!