Wear a mask to slow the spread
A mask can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. When others wear masks, they protect you. When you wear a mask, you protect others. Wearing any kind of face covering is better than none. Masks are not required in Bloomington, but it’s the neighborly thing to do.
“Social distancing makes the biggest difference in preventing transmission of coronavirus, even when wearing a mask,” Family Health Program Manager Molly Snuggerud said.
Here’s how to wear your face covering correctly:
- Wash your hands first.
- Place the mask over your nose and mouth, then secure under your chin.
- Fit mask snugly against the sides of your face.
- Set up mask to permit breathing easily.
Masks should NOT be worn by:
- Children under the age of two.
- Anyone with breathing problems or who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
See how to make your own cloth mask in 45 seconds, and find other information at blm.mn/mask, or call 800-232-4636.