Ever throw something into the recycling cart you’re not sure about? That’s wish cycling. Proper recycling conserves environmental and financial resources. Wish cycling costs haulers and consumers loads of time and money to collect, transport and dispose of non-recyclable materials.
Do your part and keep these items out of your curbside recycling:
- Plastic shopping bags, film and wrap.
- Food waste.
- Shredded paper.
- Hoses, wires or cords.
- Items less than two inches in diameter.
- Food-soiled paper.
- Disposable diapers or dog waste.
- Containers that held hazardous products including: Hazardous waste, household chemicals, aerosol cans or batteries.
- Styrofoam (polystyrene) cups and other containers.
- Paper coffee cups, paper plates, paper towels, paper napkins, tissues, pizza boxes or brightly colored paper.
- Glass dishes, drinking glasses, window glass, pottery or ceramics.
- Clothes hangers.
Visit blm.mn/recyclingres or call 952-563-8760 for alternative disposal options.