Bloomington Ice Garden and Center for the Arts to close November 20
The City of Bloomington continues to monitor the situation surrounding the pandemic in order to protect the health and safety of our community. Bloomington is following the guidance of the Minnesota Department of Health on implementing community measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19, including the recent order from Governor Walz to put a pause on adult and youth sports. As a result, the City will be closing its recreational facilities effective 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 20. Indoor programming will not be offered and all rentals and reservations will be canceled.
The Bloomington Ice Garden, 3600 West 98th Street, and Bloomington Center for the Arts, 1800 West Old Shakopee Road, will be closed. The clubhouse at Dwan Golf Course, 3301 West 110th Street, is already closed for the season.
The closures impact the upcoming City activities and reservations:
- Kidz Craft Corner November 21, December 5 and 19 at Bloomington Center for the Arts.
- Gifts in the Gallery December 7 -21 at Bloomington Center for the Arts.
- Skate School classes scheduled at Bloomington Ice Garden.
- City programming, including indoor pickleball and all other rentals and reservations at the Bloomington Armory, 3300 West 98th Street.
- Outdoor rink reservations will not be accepted at this time; warming houses will be closed.
The community has been following COVID-19 safety guidance when using these facilities, but conditions have changed so much that those plans are no longer sufficient. Because the pandemic situation continues to evolve, the reopening of facilities will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis and with guidance from MDH.
When using outdoor rinks or taking part in activities in Bloomington parks, please remember to follow these important safety guidelines: Stay home if you are sick. Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. Wear a mask when close person-to-person interaction is possible. Avoid large group gatherings. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.