Geocaching in the Parks
Saturday, December 12, 2020 to Sunday, December 13, 2020
Geocaching involves the active search for publicly accessible containers called “caches” hidden all around us. These caches contain a logbook and a variety of items for you to take or exchange. Geocaching is both a treasure hunt and a giant game of hide and seek.
Geocaches are located using GPS. This FREE self-guided activity will help you learn the fundamentals of how to locate caches and what to do once you find them. It's easier than you think and a lot of fun!
Search for special souvenir Bloomington Parks and Recreation coins in geocaches located in the parks listed below during the weekend of December 12 and 13. Coins will be placed by no later than 10 a.m. on Saturday, December 12. Undiscovered coins will be removed from caches on Monday, December 14.
- Bush Lake Park – 95th St and W. Bush Lake Rd.
- GC code - GC3750 (Beach View)
- Harrison Park – 1701 W. 100th St.
- GC code - GC3F1C (Down by the Old Mill Stream)
- Heritage Hills Park – 102nd St. and Rich Rd.
- GC Code - GC7W2PC (Kid Friendly 1 – Heritage Hills)
- Normandale Lake Park – W. 84th St. & Chalet Rd.
- GC Code - GC32TBC (Wood Ducks)
You'll need a free, basic membership at geocaching.com, a phone with GPS capabilities, the official Geocaching® app, and a few other necessities.
For all of the details, visit: blm.mn/project-play.
Want to learn more about geocaching before you take part in the event? Use these informative links.
This free self-guided outdoor activity is presented as a part of Project P.L.A.Y.