CANCELED: Wilderness Survival Skills for Families
Sunday, Nov. 15 and 22, 1-3 p.m.
Perfect for any family that spends time together outdoors, this hands-on wilderness survival course, offered in partnership with REI, makes learning a blast for both young and old. Kids will love the activities, and you'll love how quickly they gain confidence to tackle any outdoor challenge.
Participants will learn:
- How to build the best campfire
- How to set up an emergency shelter
- How to hunt down drinking water in a pinch.
- The Ten Essentials that will prepare you for almost anything you'll encounter while hiking or camping.
- Top tips and strategies for dealing with whatever mother nature throws at you.
The skills learned in this course will set your family up for a lifetime of thrilling, safe and unforgettable adventures outside.
- Free. No registration required.
- Limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Print and/or share this informative flyer.
This outdoor program is part of Project P.L.A.Y. and will occur weather permitting and with proper physical distancing and other safety measures in place.
In the event of weather cancellation, notice will be provided here and on the City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation Facebook Page.