Adult softball leagues
2018 Summer Softball timeline
|January 5||All returning teams receive email with 2018 Softball Registration packet.|
|January 26 - February 16||Priority registration period for returning summer 2017 teams.|
|February 20 - 23||League transfer processing period. No registrations will be accepted during this time.|
|February 26||New team registration opens. During this time, registration is open to all teams.|
|March 30||Deadline to withdraw from league and receive a full refund, less the $50 service fee|
|April 6||Softball registration deadline.|
|April 13||Deadline to view virtual managers' meeting. Information about the packet pick up night is included in the video.|
|April 20||2018 summer softball season begins!|
- Online League Registration and Standings
- 2018 Softball Information-Registration Packet.pdf
- Interactive Softball Roster-Waiver.pdf
- 2018 Roster Addition Form.pdf
Team registration fees
- Resident* league fees:
- Double header leagues: $860
- Singe header leagues: $565
- Non-resident league fees:
- Double header leagues: $885
- Single header leagues: $590
*To be considered a resident team, at least 75% of players must reside or work in Bloomington.
The City of Bloomington leagues play by ASA rules. Please click the link below for the Bloomington league rules.
Legal softballs: Bloomington Parks and Recreation will provide each team with a supply of game balls as part of the league registration fee. Teams will receive their softballs at the start of the season. Each team will be responsible to ensure games balls are provided for each game. Balls do not need to be new, but clearly defined as a legal ball. Legal balls must be optic yellow in color and follow the ASA guidelines listed below for each gender.
- When a male is batting - 12 inch red stitched ball with a COR of .52 and a maximum compression of 300 pounds
- When a female is batting - 11 inch red stitched ball with a COR of .52 and a maximum compression of 300 pounds
Legal bats: Please also be sure to use a legal ASA bat with either a 2000, 2004. or 2013 Stamp. Also, ensure that the bat does not appear on the non-approved bat list: 2018 Banned Bat List
Bloomington league designations and sanctioning
League designations: To help teams find the appropriate Bloomington softball league for the upcoming season, the Parks and Recreation Division classifies our softball leagues with Open, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Church/Spiritual league designations. To help teams understand each league designation, definitions for each league type are listed below:
- Open leagues: The "Open" designation refers to a league which is open to teams of all classification levels seeking the most competitive league experience and who regularly participate in tournaments throughout the season. The Open Leagues are Bloomington's most competitive leagues.
- Gold leagues: Competitive leagues intended for teams seeking a highly competitive league experience and who participate in multiple tournaments throughout the season.
- Silver leagues: Recreational leagues intended for teams who do not participate in tournaments throughout the season but desire a moderately competitive league experience.
- Bronze leagues: A recreational softball experience with a low level of competition.
- Church/Spiritual leagues: A casual softball experience for teams which consist primarily of participants who are members of a church or spiritual organization.
League sanctioning: All Bloomington softball leagues are dual sanctioned with ASA and USSSA. This allows teams to play in tournaments hosted by either body. Bloomington plays its league according to ASA rules. All bats and balls are required to follow ASA parameters.
Priority registration: Registration for the 2018 summer softball season will be open Friday, January 16 and continue through Friday, February 16 for returning teams who played in a 2017 Bloomington summer softball league. Further registration details will be emailed to returning teams on January 5.
New softball teams may begin registering Monday, February 26. Any registration received prior to the opening of the appropriate registration period will not be accepted and will be immediately returned to the team’s contact person.
Transfer period: During the transfer period, February 20 - 23, returning teams who have requested a transfer to a new league will have their requests reviewed and processed based on availability and in the order they were received. Upon review, teams will be notified of their transfer status at least 48 hours prior to new team registration opening on February 26. No registrations will be accepted during the transfer processing period.
All teams registered for a Bloomington softball league are subject to transfer at the discretion of the League Director. A mandated transfer by the League Director may occur due to (but is not limited to) level of competition, previous league results, balancing number of teams per league, or team classification. Teams who are subject to a mandated transfer and wish to withdraw their league registration as a result of the transfer must make their request to the League Director within 48 hours of being notified of their transfer to receive a refund. After 48 hours has expired, all refunds will be subject to the Cancellation/Withdrawal Policy listed below.
Registration is available online, in person, by mail, via email, or by fax. Processing registrations submitted via email or fax may take up to two business days. Registrations will not be accepted if they are not accompanied by full payment. Any registration received without payment or prior to the opening of the appropriate registration period will be immediately returned to the team contact and not accepted until payment is received or the appropriate registration period has opened. If you have questions please call 952-563-8877.
Online Registration - Returning teams who participated in a 2017 summer league may register online during the returning team registration period, January 26 - February 17. Returning teams must use their 2017 team's username and password for online registration to activate their team's priority registration for the league and night they participated in the previous year. If you do not have this information please contact the Parks and Recreation Office at 952-563-8877.
Any team that did not participate in a 2017 Bloomington summer softball league (not previous season – i.e. fall teams do not receive priority registration for summer leagues etc.) shall be considered a new team. To register online, new teams should create a login and password (any time prior to registration) and submit their registration on or after February 26, based on the availability of the league.
When registering online, the registration software will designate your team’s Resident/Non-Resident status based on the address of the team manager. If your team’s Resident/Non-Resident status needs to be changed, prior to registration please contact the Parks and Recreation Office prior to registration at 952-563-8877 or by email at parksrec@BloomingtonMN.gov. 75% of your team must reside or work in Bloomington to be considered a resident team. If necessary, a refund for the appropriate amount between the Resident and Non-Resident fee can be issued after the registration has been processed by contacting the Parks and Recreation Office.
In person – Stop by the Parks and Recreation Office, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Our address is:
- 1800 West Old Shakopee Road
Bloomington, MN 55431
By mail– Mail a completed registration form with payment (check, money order, or credit card information) to:
- Bloomington Parks and Recreation
Attn: League Registration
1800 West Old Shakopee Rd
Bloomington, MN 55431
By email – If you have the ability to scan your registration form, this works great! Just scan with credit card payment information and email it to parksrec@BloomingtonMN.gov. Processing may take up to two business days.
By fax – Fax your completed registration form and credit card information to 952-563-8715 (fax number). Please call 952-563-8877 to verify receipt of your registration. Processing may take up to two business days.
League transfer policy
Returning teams who wish to play on a different night or in a different league must first register and submit payment for the league and night they participated in the previous year prior to the returning team registration deadline, on Friday, February 16. Upon completion of registration, the team must request a transfer in writing by submitting a registration form which includes their Team Name, Team Manager and Phone Number, previous night and league played, and their desired night and league to the Parks and Recreation Office. This form cannot be submitted through the online registration process, it must be submitted to the Parks and Recreation Office in person, via mail, email or fax and must be received by Friday, February 16. If submitting your transfer requests via email or fax, please call 952-563-8877 to verify receipt.
Transfers will be processed during the February 20 - 23 transfer processing period based on availability and in the order registrations are received. Upon review, teams will be notified of their transfer status at least 48 hours prior to new team registration opening on Monday, February 26. If a team is transferring to a league with a higher registration fee, the balance must be paid to the Parks and Recreation Office within 48 hours of notification in order to complete the transfer process.
Teams not awarded their transfer request and wish to withdraw their league registration and receive a full refund must make the request to the League Director within 48 hours of being notified their transfer was unable to be processed. All refunds will be issued to the person/business who submitted the payment by check or credit card, based on their original form of payment. Check issued refunds may take up to two weeks to be processed.
After 48 hours has expired, all refunds will be subject to the cancellation/withdrawal policy listed below.
Team cancellation/withdrawal policy:
- Full refunds will be processed if the league your team is registered for is cancelled by Parks and Recreation due to lack of teams
- Pro-rated refunds will be processed if scheduled game are cancelled and make up dates are not available due to unavailable facilities
- Teams will receive a full refund less a $50 service charge if your team withdraws at least 3 weeks before the start of play.
- Refunds will not be processed if your team withdraws less than 3 weeks before the start of play or if your team is removed from the league due to disciplinary action.
In the event of inclement weather, the following procedures will take place:
- The league director will determine if the games are to be played on that evening and update the weather line by 4 p.m.
- The decision will be recorded on the weather line at 952-563-8878 option 1.
- If inclement weather occurs after 4 p.m. staff will update the weather line as timely as possible but games could also be called at the fields.
NEW in 2018! You can receive Remind text notifications about league cancellations just by signing up! You can join by text, online or mobile app notifications. See instructions below.
- Join by text: Text your league code to 81010.
- Join online: Visit remind.com/join and enter your league code along with your mobile phone number. You'll get text notification at the number you entered.
- Mobile app notifications: Download the Remind mobile app for iOS and Android devices and create a new account (or log in if you already have one.) To join a class, tap the + by Classes Joined and enter join using your league code. You'll automatically get app notifications.
League codes for Remind:
- Monday softball - @cobsmonsb
- Tuesday softball - @cobstuessb
- Wednesday softball - @cobswedsb
- Thursday softball - @cobsthursb
- Friday softball - @cobsfrisb
Summer tournament information
Bloomington will send up to 15 teams to one tournament from the Tournament Deposit and Listing Form below. Deposits are fully refundable after verification from the commissioner that your team participated in the tournament without forfeit, or ejection for any reason.
- Summer deposit amount: $250
- 2018 Softball State Tournament Deposit Form
League standings and schedules
For standings and schedules, click on the above link. Locate the Browse section on the left hand side of the page, and click "Leagues". Here you can search for your league type. Once you locate your league you will see the schedule button to access your standings and schedule.
Note: You can access the Online Registration page from anywhere on our site. It's listed in the "Arts & Recreation" menu in the strip running across the top of the page.
Are you new to the area? Haven't played adult sports in a while? Having difficulty finding enough teammates? We may be able to help! Complete our Free Agent Registration Form
- You can be picked up by a team to participate for one night, intermittently, or permanently.
- If numbers allow, staff may reach out to gauge interest in creating a team from the list; in which members would be entered into the league, and be viable for their share of the fees.
Interested in umpiring?
The City of Bloomington is always looking for qualified new umpires. If you or a friend are interested in making some extra money this summer please contact Mike Ramirez at mramirez@BloomingtonMN.gov or 952-563-8877. Pay is $25.50 per game.