The Planning Division guides Bloomington's future land use direction through long range plans and zoning controls. The division reviews and prepares recommendations on applications for development, rezoning, use permits and variances and works closely with the Planning Commission.
- The Application Portal is used to apply for planning or building permits or to search for applications by address
- Schedules, agendas, and documents are provided for all Planning Commission meetings
- Property Information can be searched by address and provides information on ownership, zoning district, planning applications, and permit applications
Follow the links below, or contact the Planning Division to learn more.
- Opportunity Housing Ordinance
- Bluff Standards
- Chicken Standards
- Food Truck Standards
Development Districts & Systems Plans
Active planning efforts are listed below. See left column Planning Studies for a complete list of long range plans.
- Gateway Development District
- Lyndale Corridor planning
- Forward 2040 Comprehensive Planning
Current Development projects
See below map to explore recent projects throughout the City (map and links below are updated quarterly). Information can also be found on the portal.