Creative Happy Hour
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Join us for a free, fun, creative experience in South Loop! Live music and dance instruction, food, and creative activities!
- Live Salsa, Vintage Afro-Latin music, & dance instruction from Malamanya
- Food trucks, cash bar, free hot chocolate and dessert table from Urbana Craeft Kitchen (while supplies last)
- Free make-and-take activities for adults: make your own jewelry or a tie-dyed mini-masterpiece.
- Free mini-art-workshop, create your own ceramic beer stein! This workshop requires pre-registration, and participants must plan on arriving at 4:45 PM. Limited to 30 participants. Register here.
- Table tennis and lawn games
- Strike a pose with a 3D Mural by Bloomington resident, artist Rock "Cyfi" Martinez
- Learn more about Aniccha Arts “Parking Ramp Project” featuring over 30 performers. Their final rehearsal begins at 7 PM, at the HealthPartners parking lot across the street from Bloomington Central Station Park. Performance takes place September 29 and 30 starting at 6:30 PM.
- Free general and accessible parking in the parking lot adjacent to (just west of) the park. Bike racks are also available in the park.
- Take the METRO Blue Line light rail, exit at Bloomington Central Station. Bloomington Central Park is directly off this stop, just to the north. Metro Transit bus route #54 has stops nearby. Plan your trip at metrotransit.org or call 612-373-3333 (TTY 651-291-0904).
- Certified Metro Mobility customers may call to schedule a ride at 651-602-1111 (TTY 651-221-9886).
Activities subject to change. Event will be canceled if there is lightning or severe weather. Stay posted on this website and our Facebook event page for updates.