Preventing underage drinking
Together We Stand Campaign
On this page
Prom, graduation, and summertime are all times when underage drinking rates are high. Wonder what you can do to prevent this dangerous activity? Our Together We Stand campaign provides helpful hints and FREE materials for parents, businesses, and faith communities. Share this page link to show your support.
- Share expectations with your child that he/she not use alcohol or drugs.
- Supervise teens in your home.
- Communicate openly with other parents to ensure your homes are safe and drug-free places for teens.
- Secure alcohol and medications in your home to prevent easy access.
- Support school policies related to illegal substance use.
- Try to have at least 5 family meals per week with your child.
- Parents, businesses, organizations and faith communities, join our Together We Stand campaign.
The following video was produced by Bloomington Educational Cable TV. Watch the Edina video.
- Advice to help parents keep children alcohol- and drug-free from kindergarten through college: Raising Drug-Free Kids, Advice by Age
- The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids: Website
- Chemical health and safety resources: Healthy behaviors page
Share our BUTTON or BADGE on your website, blog, Facebook page, electronic newsletter, email messages, electronic signature and other electronic communications. If you require a different size, please allow us to us to create it. Make your request here. Also, share our resources with your contacts.
Add our BUTTON to websites, electronic newsletters and blogs to spread the word.
To add the BUTTON image above and link to this page, copy and paste the following code into your HTML document:
Use our BADGE to show your support.
- On your Facebook page:
- Save the BADGE image above to your computer (On image, right-click (PC) or command-click (Mac); select "Save Image As.").
- Upload image to Facebook.
- Also share this page link (see address bar).
- In your email and other electronic text:
- Copy BADGE image above (On image, right-click (PC) or command-click (Mac); select "Copy.").
- In your email or document, select "Paste."
- Add to your email signature:
- Save the BADGE image above to your computer (On image, right-click (PC) or command-click (Mac); select "Save image as.").
- Insert the image to your email signature.
- You can make the image link to this page (see address bar).
Use our campaign resources at no cost
- Use the campaign image in printed materials
Click link to open image in new window. Right-click (PC) or command-click (Mac) and select "Save image as" then choose a location on your computer:
- Posters - 11" wide by 17" high campaign image (see above)
- Parent commitment cards - Bi-fold, pocket-sized card with campaign image lists what parents can do to help their children stay away from alcohol; six, 2-sided cards per 8.5"X11" page