Bloomington Community Blood Drive
Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
Give blood. Help save lives.
Did you know you can save up to three lives with just one donation? The Bloomington community is invited to donate blood at this upcoming drive.
Questions about donating?
About the blood drive
Power Red appointments are available.
RapidPass check-in is available. RapidPass allows you to complete your pre-reading and donation questions online from the comfort and privacy of your home or office and save you time. Here's how it works:
- On the day of your donation appointment, before your scheduled time, visit RapidPass.
- Read the information.
- Answer the questions.
- Print the pass or email it to yourself so you can show it from your mobile device.
- Bring printed pass or mobile device to your appointment to show you checked in online. If you don't have either with you at your appointment, you will be asked to complete the questions again.
Choose your donation time
Online registration is preferred, but walk-ins are welcome.
Ways to register
- Go to the event registration page.
- Click the red circle with the white arrow next to our location, Civic Plaza-City Hall.
- Click "Give Blood" next to the time you choose.
- Sign-in or create an account to schedule your appointment.
2. Use the free, American Red Cross Donor App: See information in side bar/page bottom.
3. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS
- It feels great to donate!
- You get free juice and delicious Keebler cookies.
- It's something you can spare – most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
- You will be someone's hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
- Get a good night's sleep before the day you are donating.
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation.
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water or nonalcoholic fluids before the donation.
- Remember to bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID to your donation appointment.