Protect yourself from COVID-19 scams
Bloomington Police wants to help you stay safe from scams. The Federal Trade Commission has noticed an increase in scam calls and emails resulting from the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. Here are some tips on keeping yourself safe from scammers:
- Hang up on robocalls.
- No one will need to sign up for the stimulus checks coming from the Federal government.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations and home test kits.
- Don’t click on or respond to emails asking for personal information in order to receive an economic stimulus check from the government.
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Don’t click on or respond to emails that claim a positive COVID-19 test within your workplace.
- Don’t click on or respond to emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the World Health Organization.
- Don’t give out any personal information, such as your social security number, PayPal account or banking information.
Visit blm.mn/stimulus_scams to find information that will help you distinguish rumor from fact when it comes to COVID-19.