Mission, Values and Vision
The mission of the Bloomington Police Department is to provide excellence in policing by protecting, serving and partnering with our community to improve its quality of life.
The Bloomington Police Department is committed to open interaction with our community.
We demonstrate our commitment through:
- Service with honor and integrity.
- Vigorous enforcement of laws.
- Excellence in leadership.
- Partnerships with business, neighborhood and youth communities.
- Collaborative approaches to problem solving.
- Recognition of the dignity and cultural identity of each employee and citizen.
The Bloomington Police Department is committed to building upon a foundation that values its past, recognizes present challenges and prepares for a changing society.
To demonstrate this commitment, we dedicate ourselves to:
- Creating a culture that promotes, recognizes and values innovative policing strategies.
- Becoming a learning organization receptive to change and in charge of its future.
- Hiring the best employees and training them to the utmost standards.
- Always upholding our civic and constitutional responsibilities.