Bush Lake Beach
A key component of the Hyland-Bush-Anderson Lakes Park Reserve, Bush Lake Beach has provided exceptional recreation to millions of Minnesotans since 1956. Bush Lake is one of the state’s most popular beaches with over 100,000 visitors per year.
A daily pass or seasonal parking permit is required for entrance to Bush Lake Beach from June 1 through August 31. You may purchase a season parking permit prior to the season at the Parks and Recreation counter at Bloomington Civic Plaza starting on March 14. Starting June 8, you may purchase a season or daily parking permit on site at Bush Lake Beach using cash or credit/debit only.
A boat launch is available for motorized watercrafts at West Bush Lake Park using the Shelter #2 entrance. Per City Code, Sec. 5.25: "No motor exceeding six horsepower shall be operated on the public waters of the City." Watercrafts may possess larger motors, but they cannot be in operation.
Parking passes for East Bush Lake Park (including tax)
- Seasonal parking permit: $40
- Daily parking permit: $8
Parking passes are not required for West Bush Lake Park.
Swim trip group reservations
- Swim trip group reservations are required for groups of 20 or more. These reservations must be purchased in advance of your swim trip.
- Group fee for reservations of 50 people or less - $65 plus tax(includes one bus pass).
- Group fee for reservations of more than 50 people - $91 plus tax (includes one bus pass).
- If additional bus passes are necessary, the cost for each is $43
- Prepayment is required for all groups at least one week in advance of reservation.
- Reservations and payments must be made at the Parks and Recreation counter at Bloomington Civic Plaza.
- Accepted payment types include cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and check.
- Cancellations, including weather-related cancellations, must be made prior to 11 a.m. on the day of your scheduled reservation in order to avoid being billed/charged. Please call Parks and Recreation at 952-563-8877 to make a cancellation of a group reservation.
Use the BLB Group Reservation Form 2019 to make a swim trip group reservation.
Nine private properties are located on the shores of Bush Lake and its northeast bay. As such, it is not possible to walk all the way around these bodies of water without trespassing on private property. When enjoying Bush Lake Park, take note of where private properties are located, and please do not enter or cross these properties.
Healthy swimming guidelines
Swimmers' health and safety are the number one priority at Bush Lake Beach. Please take a moment to read the following fact sheets to ensure a safe and healthy visit at Bush Lake Beach!