2018 CenterPoint Energy Beltline Neighborhood Open House
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
A neighborhood open house is scheduled for Tuesday, April 24 from 5:30 -7pm in the Bloomington Public Works Training Room to discuss the 2018 CenterPoint Beltline Projects. There are two routes scheduled for replacement of natural gas main in Bloomington for 2018, which include:
Portland Avenue-102nd Street
- E 102nd Street from Portland Avenue to Nicollet Avenue
- Portland Avenue from E 102nd Street to Old Shakopee Road
- Old Shakopee Road from Oakland Avenue to Portland Avenue (connecting into project on Old Shakopee Road from 2017)
- Old Shakopee Road to E 67th Street (in Richfield)
- This will include a re-route of the existing pipe on both sides of I-494 using E 81st Street, 1st Avenue, American Boulevard, 2nd Avenue and E 77th Street.
The Portland Avenue-102nd Street project is anticipated to start in late May-early June and complete by September of 2018. The Nicollet Avenue project is anticipated to start in late April and complete in October 2018. Lane restrictions and road closures will be necessary as work occurs on both projects and updates will be given as construction nears and progresses. Updates and additional information can be found on the CenterPoint Energy Beltline webpage.
Any questions about the project can be directed to CenterPoint Energy’s Information Hotline at 612-321-5369 or Communication Specialist at 612-321-5546.