*SOLD OUT* Bearing Witness and Seeking Justice: The Judy Meisel Story
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 5:30pm to 8:30pm
This FREE presentation includes:
- Screening of Tak for Alt: Survival of a Human Spirit, a documentary film on Holocaust survivor Judy Meisel
- Interactive question and answer session with Meisel and her son Michael Cohen
- Panel discussion addressing the current investigation and prosecution of Nazi guards more than 75 years later, including one who was identified by Meisel and later charged by German authorities as an accessory to thousands of murders.
- Professor Cornelius Nestler, a German legal scholar and attorney who is representing Meisel in the German criminal action
- Jeffrey Van Nest, Acting Chief Counsel for the FBI in Minnesota, who oversees the FBI’s cooperation with German authorities in investigating Nazi war crimes
- Dr. Ellen Kennedy, Executive Director, World Without Genocide at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- 5:30 p.m.: Reception and Light Refreshments
- 6 - 8:30 p.m.: Program
Bloomington Human Rights Commission, Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association Community Outreach Committee and Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas
This event has SOLD OUT.
For more information, call 952-563-8733, (TTY ONLY 952-563-8740) or email humanrights@BloomingtonMN.gov.