Energy assistance programs available

Do you need help paying your energy bills? You may qualify for the Energy Assistance Program (EAP). Both renters and homeowners may be eligible. The EAP helps income-qualified households pay for home heating costs and furnace repairs. 

For more information about the Energy Assistance Program, visit or call Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County at 952-933-9639.

If you’re already enrolled in the EAP, you’re likely eligible for the Weatherization Assistance Program, which could pay for home energy-related upgrades. “Weatherization not only helps lower energy bills and prevents structural damage, but it offers health benefits, as well,” Sustainability Coordinator Emma Struss said.

Weatherization can enhance efficiency and reduce energy use. Other benefits are better air quality and more effective control of rodents. Heightened weatherization can improve the health of those living in the home by preventing asthma and other respiratory conditions.

For more information about the Weatherization Assistance Program, call Sustainable Resource Center at 612-870-4255 or visit