Car seat installation assistance
Fill out the below form to make an appointment with Fire Prevention Division staff who will help make sure you car's child passenger safety seat or car seat is installed correctly.
You will be contacted within two business days of receiving your request to schedule a specific time for your appointment.
Bring the following to your appointment
- Your vehicle's owner's manual
- The child passenger safety seat(s), car seat(s), carrier(s), and/or base(s) to be installed
General advice about car seats
- We recommend that you be the original owner of the safety seat, car seat or carrier (this way you know the history of the seat).
- Safety seats, car seats and carriers should be replaced if they are more than seven years old, or as soon as the manufacturer's replacement schedule says to replace them.
- The safety seat, car seat or carrier should not be used if it was in a vehicle that was involved in a crash—even if no child was in the car seat or carrier.
- Please send in the registration form for the safety seat, car seat or carrier.
- After-market items such as shoulder pads, seat protectors, car seat mirrors should not be used.
Please take notice that any data received by the City as the result of submitting this form will be classified as government data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13. Under the Data Practices Act, some or all of this data is classified as public data, including your name, address, email address, phone number, and other personal information provided by you. Public data is available to anyone requesting it and consists of all data furnished via this Web form. Please be advised that the correspondence will be added to the public record. The purpose and intended use of the information collected through this form is to obtain public input and data in support of City activities and services. You have the right to refuse to submit this form. If you choose not to submit this form, you will need to contact the City by another means if you wish to provide the information collected by the form.
Nondiscrimination and accommodation commitments
The City of Bloomington does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its services, programs, or activities. Upon request, accommodation will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all City of Bloomington services, programs, and activities. Upon request, this information can be provided in Braille, large print, audio tape and/or electronic format.