Attend a community budget session
Learn about the City’s services and enter to win prizes
As part of the 2022 budget process, the City of Bloomington is inviting residents to participate in one of two community budget information sessions on October 20 or 27. You'll learn about what City services are funded by property taxes and share your feedback for the City Council as they set the final 2022 budget and tax levy.
Please register to attend one of the following sessions.
- Wednesday, October 20, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Zoom session that will be recorded featuring Mayor Tim Busse.
- Wednesday, October 27, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
In-person session featuring Fire Chief Ulie Seal.
And enter to win one of the following prizes.
- Ride along with fire chief.
- Personal tour of the Bloomington Police Department by the police chief.
- Two open skate sessions and two ice skating rentals from the Bloomington Ice Garden.
- Two tickets to an Artistry show (donated by Artistry).
- Behind-the-scenes taping of Council Minute with Mayor Busse. Meet the mayor and staff, tour the studio, control room, editing suites and learn about the equipment and what goes into creating a weekly cable television show.
- Personalized street sign.
- Organics recycling gift pack.
- Security 101 with City IT staff.
- Job consultation with City HR staff (review of resume, cover letter and mock interview).
To enter the prize drawing, fill out the form below.
We hope you'll consider joining us at the October 20 or October 27 information sessions. However, no purchase or participation is necessary to enter or win a prize. Purchase or participation will not improve an individual’s chances of winning.
Entries will be accepted between October 4, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. and October 28, 2021, at 5 p.m. Prize winners will be notified by a Bloomington staff member no sooner than October 29.
The City of Bloomington does not discriminate against or deny the benefits of its services, programs, or activities to a qualified person because of a disability. To make a request for a reasonable accommodation, ask for more information, or to file a complaint, contact the Community Outreach and Engagement Division, City of Bloomington, 1800 West Old Shakopee Road, Bloomington, MN 55431- 3027; 952-563-8733, MN Relay 711.
- The Bloomington Community Budget Session Prize Incentive (the “Incentive”) will run from October 4, 2021 at 12:01 am to October 28, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
- No purchase or participation necessary to enter or win.
- Must be a Bloomington resident. Void outside of the City of Bloomington, Minnesota and where prohibited by law.
- Residents may choose to to participate in one of two Community Budget Information Sessions on October 20 or 27. Participation does not increase chances of winning. Limit one (1) entry per household/address.
- City of Bloomington full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff, councilmembers, and commission members and persons living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Submit your entry form online at blm.mn/contest#form
- Deadline for entry into the prize drawing is October 28, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- City of Bloomington (the “City”) will select nine (9) entries at random drawn from all valid entries received by October 28, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
- Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the City.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and/or the number of contestants participating in the Incentive.
- Prize gift will be one (1) of the following prizes:
- Ride along with Fire Chief
- Personal tour of the Bloomington Police Department by the Police Chief
- Two Open Skate sessions and two ice skating rentals from the Bloomington Ice Garden
- Two tickets to an Artistry Show (donated from Artistry)
- Behind-the-scenes taping of Council Minute with Mayor Busse. Meet the Mayor and staff, tour the studio, control room, editing suites and learn about the equipment and what goes into creating a weekly cable television show
- Personalized Street Sign
- Organics Recycling Gift Pack
- Security 101 with City IT Staff
- Job Consultation with City HR Staff (review of resume, cover letter and mock interview)
- Prize has no monetary value, and cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
- Prize winners will be notified no sooner than October 29, 2021.
- Winner will be notified using the contact information provided when signing up for the Incentive and will have 60 calendar days to claim their prize at:
Bloomington Civic Plaza
1800 West Old Shakopee Road
Bloomington, MN 55431
- Winner must provide verification of Bloomington residency.
- By entering this Incentive, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all Incentive rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Incentive.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. The City retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value (monetary value is estimated at $0) in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its control. If the drawing cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, pandemic weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events occur that are outside of the reasonable control of the City, or if for any reason the Incentive is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic, or any other causes beyond the control of the City, which, in its sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Incentive the city reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Incentive or any part of the Incentive.
- If a winner fails to redeem the prize within 60 calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the City reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any costs or expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
- Winners of prizes with a fair market value of less than $600 may be requested to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and provide a photocopy of a legal document showing Bloomington residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number. Where such forms are requested, winners must execute and return such forms and documents within seven (7) calendar days after receiving the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- For contests with prizes involving in-person activity: The winner and his/her guest(s), if any, agree to accept the dates offered by the City. If the winner cannot attend on such dates, the prize will be forfeited. Where a prize allows for the winner to take guests, the guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older except where the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the accompanying guest(s). The winner’s guest(s) (parent or legal guardian, if a guest is a minor) may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, which must be returned with the winner’s affidavit of eligibility and liability release within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. No alternate guest(s) may be substituted once the winner’s guest(s) complete the required paperwork. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all costs not expressly included in a prize including, without limitation, any applicable taxes, license fees, transportation, fuel, meals, beverages, merchandise, medical services, etc.
- Release of liability: All winners, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City, its officers, officials, agents, volunteers and employees all claims, causes of action, lawsuits, damages, losses, or expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of, resulting from, or related to or in connection with participation in the Incentive, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any Incentive related activity.
- The City has the sole discretion to terminate the Incentive at any given time or extend the dates of the Incentive.
- These Incentive rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota, with venue in Minnesota’s Fourth Judicial District, Hennepin County. Entrant shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, ordinances and regulations including but not limited to Minnesota Statutes Sections 16C.05, subd. 5, and 471.425 subd. 4a, Chapters 363A and 13, the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Nothing in these Rules shall be construed to require the City to act inconsistently with the law.
- The City is not responsible for late, misdirected, or lost entry forms, and does not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, whether caused by a participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Incentive, or by any technical or human errors, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
- The City expressly reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Incentive at any time without prior notice or consent. Administration of this Incentive is at the sole discretion of the City. Any questions relating to eligibility, these Incentive rules or any other questions concerning this Incentive will be resolved at the sole discretion of the Incentive and its decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto.
- Incomplete, duplicate, mechanically reproduced or automated entries are not permitted and will be deemed void.
- NO PURCHASE, PARTICIPATION, OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To request a copy of these official rules or a list of winners after the Incentive ends, or both, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Budget Manager Kari Carlson, Community Budget Information Session Incentive, Bloomington Civic Plaza – Finance Department 1800 West Old Shakopee Road Bloomington, MN 55431