Motor Vehicle/Deputy Registrar Office
For faster service, avoid the busiest times, which are:
- Monday mornings
- Friday afternoons
- The last day of the month
- The lunch hour
The Motor Vehicle/Deputy Registrar Office has proudly provided driver's license and motor vehicle license services since 1971. For every transaction processed at this office, the filing fee portion stays in Bloomington to support the City's ability to continue offering this service at the local level.
In addition to the convenient location and hours, the Bloomington Motor Vehicle/Deputy Registrar Office offers the following services.
- License tab renewals – in person (via our "Super Service" line) or by mail
- Driver's license renewals, changes and duplicates
- Registration and transfer of ownership for cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers and mopeds
- Fast-track titling service on vehicle transfers for an additional charge
- Registration and transfer of ownership for recreational vehicles such as boats, snowmobiles, ATVs and off-road vehicles
- Special plate applications: personalized, disability, critical habitat, support our troops, collector, firefighter, collegiate and various veteran plates
- Notary Public
Forms available for download
Duplicate plate and title applications are available for download via the links below, or by visiting our office.
Directions to our office
- From West 98th Street, turn south on Logan Avenue and take a right (west) into the clearly marked entrance.
- From West Old Shakopee Road, turn north on Morgan Avenue and take a right (east) into the entrance. You cannot turn into the facility lot if you are going north on Logan.