Old Shakopee Road (CSAH 1) and 86th Street Intersection Improvement Project
What is the scope of the project?
The project includes safety improvements at the intersection of Old Shakopee Road (CSAH 1) and 86th Street along with multi-use trail installation along the east side of Old Shakopee Road (CSAH 1) from 24th Avenue to just south of 86th Street to augment multi-modal travel as part of Bloomington’s Alternative Transportation Plan. Some of the components of the project include:
- Installation of medians along Old Shakopee Road, from 86th Street to approximately 400’ south and 400’ north of 86th Street to allow for protected left turns at the intersection.'
- Widening of Old Shakopee Road to the east, near the intersection of 86th Street to allow for median installation along with other minor geometric revisions on the east side of the intersection.
- Signal system modifications to accommodate the work in the intersection.
- Multi-use asphalt trail installation on the east side of Old Shakopee Road from 24th Avenue to approximately 500’ south of 86th Street (adjacent to the proposed Fire Station in the SE quadrant of 86th Street/Old Shakopee Rd) as part of the City of Bloomington Alternative Transportation Plan.
- Upgrading pedestrian ramps in the intersection of 86th Street and Old Shakopee Road to ADA compliance.
This Project will be designed and constructed in cooperation between the City of Bloomington and Hennepin County. It will also be coordinated with the installation of the new fire station in the SE quadrant of 86th Street/Old Shakopee Road along with other development in the area.
How is the project funded?
The project will be funded by South Loop Development funds and City of Bloomington funds.
What is the project’s schedule?
The project is anticipated to complete design around March/April 2019 and begin construction in the late Spring – early Summer 2019.
Throughout the project design and construction, updates will be provided via this website through E-Subscribe, and via direct mailings to those property owners adjacent to the project.