2018-901 Storm Sewer Maintenance Project
The City annually contracts work to maintain the City's storm sewer system. The projects are identified by inspections, life cycle evaluations, citizen inquiries, ongoing erosion problems, flood reduction investigations and/or more permanent construction from emergency repairs of flooding situations, sinkholes or other damage or failures. When feasible and cost effective, the repairs are done using trenchless techniques to avoid open-cut construction and the related traffic impacts. The 2018-903 Victoria Pond Maintenance Project was combined with this project contract.
2018-901 Storm Sewer Maintenance Project includes work at the following sites:
- 1700 W. 98th St. – Remove and replace three existing storm sewer catch basins and pipe.
- 8100 Portland Ave. S. - Remove and replace three existing storm sewer catch basins and pipe, and two ADA pedestrian ramps. Work to be done prior to Hennepin County Overlay.
- 8631-8709 Portland Ave. S. – Construct two storm sewer catchbasins, rehabilitate one manhole and remove and replace one manhole. Work to be done prior to Hennepin County Overlay.
- 4800 Oxborough Ave. S. – Rehabilitate storm sewer manhole.
- 8617/19 Woodcliff Cir. - Rehabilitate storm sewer manhole.
- 8823/25 Penn Lake Circle - Rehabilitate storm sewer manhole and reline 153 linear feet of storm sewer pipe.
- 11001 – 11101 Hampshire Ave. S. – Repair 580 linear feet of concrete storm sewer pipe.
- Lyndale Ave. S., from W. 83rd St. to W. 86th St. – Apply urethane sealant to approximately 40 storm sewer manholes and catchbasins.
- 5113 W. 106th St. - Remove and replace three existing storm sewer catch basins and pipe and rehabilitate one manhole.
- Tretbough Rd, north of W. 90th St. – Replace catchbasin and pipe.
Trenchless Pipe Repairs
Trenchless pipe repairs will be done in the following areas. Typically, adjoining properties are not notified.
- 520X W. Old Shakopee Rd. – Reline storm sewer pipe.
- 1051X Kell Ave. S. – Reline storm sewer pipe.
- 1052X Kell Ave. S. - Reline storm sewer pipe.
- 1062X Kell Ave. S. - Reline storm sewer pipe.
- 9859 Dakota Rd. – Reline storm sewer pipe.
- 9830 Colorado Rd. - Reline storm sewer pipe.
2018-903 Victoria Pond Maintenance Project
This project includes the excavation of about 240 cubic yards of pond sediment, and related work for access, dewatering and restoration. The pond sediment is contaminated with PAHs (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons) and will require landfill disposal. Site access will be over easements off Stanley Rd
- 4851 American Blvd W/4801 W 81st St
Throughout the project, updates will be posted on this website.
September 14, 2018
Victoria Pond (4851 American Blvd W)
Trees for the access route were marked, and the clearing may start in the next week or two.
6401 W 111th St (66" Concrete Pipe Repair)
Crews are expected to start in October if, and when, long-term dry conditions are predicted.
August 31, 2018
Lyndale Ave S. (W. 86th St. to W. 83rd St.)
Crews completed sealing manholes and catch basins on Thursday. Traffic control has been removed from Lyndale.
August 24, 2018
Lyndale Ave S. (W. 86th St. to W. 83rd St.)
Crews began sealing manholes and catch basins on Wednesday, and will continue for about a week. Expect temporary lane closures and work in the intersection at Lyndale Circle. Some lane closures may remain overnight. Rain delays may extend the work for several days.
August 10, 2018
Portland Avenue South (E. 86th St. to E. 88th St.)
The right northbound lane of Portland from E. 88th to E. 86th St. is expected to be paved on Saturday. Boulevard restoration may be delayed until cooler temperatures can be expected.
E. 81st Street (Portland to 5th Ave S.)
E. 81st Street and the right southbound lane of Portland Ave are expected to be paved on Saturday. The sidewalk was completed on Wednesday. The road and sidewalk are expected to be reopened on Monday. Boulevard restoration may be delayed until cooler temperatures can be expected.
Tretbough Road (north of W. 90th St.)
Street patching is expected to be completed on Saturday.
August 2, 2018
Storm sewer work is complete, paving expected next week.
Storm sewer work should be complete by the end of the week. Curb and street paving should be done by August 10.
Storm sewer work began late Thursday, and should be complete by early next week. E. 81st St. will be closed for about a week until the street can be repaved. A detour has been set up to use 82nd St. and 5th Ave. The work on Portland should all be done prior to the Hennepin County overlay project.