Residential property code compliance
Well-maintained residential properties encourage private and public investment in a neighborhood.
In order to monitor neighborhood conditions and identify signs of decline in their earliest stages, the City established the Residential Property Code Compliance Program, consisting of resident complaint investigations and systematic inspections.
Environmental Health conducts systematic inspections of all residential areas within Bloomington. Each property is inspected for violations of the City’s Code and, if observed, orders are issued for those violations. A property that is issued orders is given a reasonable time period to comply with the orders.
- Top 10 most commonly observed City Code violations
- Report a problem or make a complaint
- The enforcement process - a nuisance program case study.
- What happens after I make a complaint? (See paragraph below "Report a Problem or Make a Complaint")
- What if I receive a notice to correct a City Code violation at my property?
- What if I find a yellow notice for an improperly stored vehicle on my car?