Skip to main content
Serving food

Temporary food licenses help you serve safely

Planning an event where you’ll be serving food or beverages to the public? You probably need a temporary food license. A few examples of events in this category  include selling concessions at a sporting event or craft fair, handing out snacks at a fundraising event, or having a restaurant cater an event that is not held at the restaurant and is open to the public. 

The City’s Environmental Health Division issues these licenses to help you serve food safely and prevent foodborne illness. A temporary food license application must be submitted to the City at least 10 days before the event. The temporary food license application and requirements are available online at If you have any questions, call Environmental Health at 952-563-8934.